Thursday, October 25, 2007

I bought my Zippers!!

I've put off buying my Zippers for the zippered leaders that I want to create for my Little Gracie II frame because I wasn't sure which ones to buy. Today I found that Jo-Ann's actually had 3 sleeping bag zippers in stock at 100" each. I nabbed them right on the spot. Since I didn't want to mess around with someone else buying them I ended up buying 1 with a 50% off coupon, 1 with a 40% off coupon and 1 with my 10% off ASG membership card. They retail at $15.99 each. I was a little disturbed though because Joann's website showed them being on sale. Oh well, it was still cheaper getting them this way than having them shipped to me. For around $30 I've got my zippers.

Now I can go back with another 50% off coupon and buy my canvas. I'm still trying to decide if I should go with Duck Cloth which feels as heavy as the leaders Michelle has from Hinterberg or if I should go with regular canvas. And if I'm going the canvas route do I want plain or something pretty? I did find a nice Pink and Lime green plaid which would work well for lining things up...IF I can get it cut completely spot on. And that's a big IF!! Or, I could go with colored Duck Cloth but the bummer is they didn't have it in pink. So I guess I'll probably end up with boring off white when all is said and done.

3 comments:

jillquilts said...

What kind of leaders are on your frame now? The lady that I talked to on Monday said that she recommends using velcro leaders. And she just had canvas leaders. Ugh that darn accident!! I can't even think about frames right now! :(

Michelle said...

Jen, I also read that denim works very well. If denim is cheaper, buy that! I am jealous! I guess you know what I will be looking for this weekend. Joann's here I come!

Moneik said...

I know my mom has been making them out of boring plain canvas, but they work really well. I'm interested to see how the zippers work out.