Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Light-weight Janome Sewing Machine

My Mom and I were tooling around Target the other night when we happened upon this sewing machine. I have a Janome Jem 609 that is VERY similar to this; actually without Hello Kitty and the color blue it would be the same shell. Mine is about 7 years old now. Sure, there are a lot of upgraded Janome Jem models such as the Gold & Platinum but for someone who just wants an extra light weight machine for the occasional class it's not a bad machine for $99. I used mine as my main machine for about 5 years and really put it though the paces. I was hard on it and it's still going strong. Anyway, it's just an idea if someone is looking to pick up a light weight machine on the cheap.

Of course, we immediately thought of my Aunt Kitty and it didn't even dawn on me at first that the machine was Hello Kitty. My mom put the two and two together and I started laughing uncontrollably saying how perfect it was and that she'll HAVE TO HAVE IT!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

That is just too cute! I think that would make a perfect machine for your aunt Kitty.
Kristie

Moneik said...

It's way cute. I'm sure your aunt Kitty would love it. She'll be hooked and need a 6600 pretty soon.

Debi said...

Such a cute machine, maybe I should buy one for my 4 year old granddaughter when she comes to visit next April...maybe she can make her first quilt!