Friday, October 5, 2007

My New Cubicle

As I said earlier in the week the company that I work for added on an addition and our sales department moved in on Wednesday. Here's some pictures of my new digs. See how I have long, narrow cube walls? They're in need of some serious color!!!



I cannot believe how much counter space I have. I really like the new environment! Especially my new chair. I can't believe I've been sitting in a straight chair with no wheels since May.



My plant is very special to me. It's the only plant that I've managed to keep alive and it's 6 years old. When I got married my Sister-In-Law Wendy told me to get ivy in my Bridal Bouquet so that later on I could pluck the ivy out and let it root in water and then I'd have a wedding plant. I mixed my 3 pieces with some philodendron from my Grandma and after about a year planted it all in some dirt. Today the Ivy is actually starting to become larger than the philodendron. I keep it at work because it's the only place I can remember to water a plant and it seems to really like the fluorescent lighting.



Here's my bouquet; you can barley even tell it has ivy in it. I can see that there's some off to the right. I know there were a few other leaves tucked in there as well. Mike and I got married on my Grandparents 65th wedding anniversary. When my Grandma got married she wore a rust colored mum on her dress. Towards the top of my bouquet I have a rust colored mum and she wore a rust colored mum on My wedding day too. =)

4 comments:

Maureen said...

That is so cool that you have the ivy in your cubicle...what a good idea to have it in your bouquet and then to root it and now you have a beautiful plant.

Maureen

Michelle said...

I love your cubicle! I would call it more than a cubicle though. What a bright, cheery place to work! I am jealous. Your plant is lovely, and I love the story behind it. Your bouquet was beautiful, and to duplicate your grandma's flower was a very thoughtful thing to do.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I had forgotten all about the ivy plant it looks cool. I too am jealous of your new digs. I work in a little hole that is dark and has no room at all. What a happy environment to be able to work in.

Moneik said...

That is such a neat idea. I took one of my grandmas plants when she dies and replanted it and got it growing. I am by no means a green thumb, but it reminds me of her. I love your cubicle, but it so needs some quilts! I'll have to show what mine looks like sometime. You'd think I was at home.