Monday, October 1, 2007

Stuffed Pepper Soup

Since a few people have posted their favorite recipes, I thought I'd follow suit and do the same. This is my favorite recipe for fall and winter. It's filling, low calorie (1 point per 1/2 cup for your WW-ers) and beyond quick.

Stuffed Pepper Soup

2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey; brown and drain
1-28 ounce can diced tomatoes; undrained
2 cups white rice (uncooked Minute Rice)
2 quarts water
2-8 ounce cans tomato sauce, plain
2 cups chopped green pepper
1 teaspoon black pepper
Optional:
Brown sugar to cut the bite of the pepper
2 beef bouillon cubes

Using a large stock pot, combine ingredients & simmer 40 minutes

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Sounds Good!

jillquilts said...

That sounds really good! I am going to have to try it!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

This stuff is addicting, filling and very good.

butrfly2200 said...

Sounds like this is very good. I will print it out and try it.
Thanks.
:)Carol

Maureen said...

Ohhh Jen I will have to make this recipe! Yummmm!!

Maureen

Kristie said...

Sounds soooooo good. I will have to try it and print it off for my mom too.
Kristie