Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Talk about feeling un-cre8tive

I should have been able to finish those baby quilt tops last night without any problems. I just couldn't get motivated. I sat at that machine and everything. I just couldn't do it. I think part of the problem is that my sewing area looks like a bomb went off. Part of me wants to straighten it out, the other part of me says, WHY? when I'll be moving into the other room shortly.

I couldn't get started on that so I thought maybe a different project was in order. I tried pulling together all the things I needed to make some name tags for my quilting buddies to wear at our Block of the Month meeting on Friday. I just couldn't settle in on my choices. First of all, I don't know what color I want MY name tag to be. Second of all, I can't decide how I want to put them together.

The internet wasn't even amusing to me. I tried to watch an episode of The Quilt Show and you know what? I just CAN'T watch that on the computer. I HATE it. I don't have the attention span for it.

Annoyed with myself, I went to bed!

9 comments:

vera said...

Sounds like you had a bad night and maybe some sewers block. LOL. Hopefully today it will be a better day for you. Maybe just take a few days R&R...
~Hugs Vera~

Michelle said...

Here's a BIG HUG,Jen. We all love you. This too, shall pass.
Have a great day,and quit expecting so much of yourself.
Love, Michelle

Moneik said...

This will pass! I've had the same creative block recently and sometimes, it just takes time. I finally found some me time last night and worked on a project just for me. One that might get done in this century! Take some time for yourself and quilting will come to you.

Michelle said...

Jen,
Margaret has informed me that we are almost in a NEW MOON, which I have been told by my sister who works in a care center, can be MUCH WORSE than a FULL MOON! There's your problem! Tomorrow will be a much better day!
Love, Michelle

Nancy-Rose said...

wow - you and I were BOTH having no good very bad days!

Nancy

Debi said...

Don't worry about having periods of time when quilting/sewing is not a priority. I go through it all the time..so you do other things, and don't feel guilty about it. It's all good!

Suzan said...

You've been pretty stressed lately so you probably needed some sleep. Amazing how some things just work out that way! Bet today is better!

Gina said...

I don't like to say it, but perhaps you need some time away from your sewing. try something else for a week or two and you'll soon be back refreshed and raring to go. That's what i do.
love and hugs xxx

Hazel said...

It's funny I just came off two weeks doing exactly what you are doing .Don't worry about it ,have hubby take you out for dinner you'll get back to sewing when you are feeling better .We put so much pressure on ourselves quilting becomes a job instead of enjoyment .After two weeks of not quilting I can now get back to it with a smile on my face .