Saturday, October 27, 2007

What does one do on their anniversary?

Well, if you're Mike and I the day pretty much just goes on like any other day. I worked on the spare room for a bit, Mike golfed in the morning. I just didn't have the energy to do much of anything so I watched some TV and took a nap. We were going to go out for dinner but you know, every time I go out for a nice dinner I end up getting sick so it's just not all that appealing to me. Mike ended up going and getting us some nice steaks to grill. I think it turned out a lot better than us going out. We watched two movies. Wild Hogs which was pretty funny but not enough to own and Saw III. I grew up on blood, guts, gore, horror, screaming run up the stairs to get away from the killer type movies but wow, this series STILL manages to shock me. It's probably a good flick just in my deranged little world. The Saw series is pretty creative and actually has me covering my eyes instead of laughing insanely all through it.

I got some special "stuff" in the mail for our Quilt Retreat in two weekends. I ordered it off of e-bay and I'm shocked that it arrived in TWO days. And here I was afraid it wouldn't arrive in time! Hee hee hee, my retreat ladies will now be wondering just what the heck I ordered.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

Sometimes just a quiet day at home are the best ever. We watched Wild Hogs at and thought it was cute, but not as good as I expected. We have Saw I and II but have not watched III.
Kristie

Michelle said...

As a 50's age person, I agree with a friend of ours....Wild Hogs was a great movie...especially for the baby boomer crowd. I loved it, and could watch it again and again, but I don't own it. Maybe someday I will.

Yes, staying home, cooking steaks and just watching movies sounds great to me too. Happy Anniversary!

Michelle said...

I forgot to say..............I LOVE SURPRISES!!!! DON'T TELL ME!
I can't wait for the retreat! It will be so much fun!!!!

Moneik said...

Sounds like you had a nice relaxing anniversary. We saw Wild Hogs and thought it was funny, but not what we expected. Saw III scared the living day lights out of me. I told Paul I'd watch IV with him at home, but not in the theatre!