Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Always Busy With Something

Tonight Mom and I went over to Maureen's for a Lia Sophia party. I've got to say this is the first time I've ever gone to one of those parties and nothing spoke to me. There were a lot of things in the catalog that were pretty but the bottom line is, the ones I liked were things that I could make. At that point I'd rather wear my own creation. So Hrmph.

I've been working on binding Project Linus quilts the last few nights. I want to get them all caught up so that I can deliver them to Kelly when we go to Bits & Pieces on Saturday for Block of the Month.

I'm getting discouraged by my new downstairs neighbors. Every time I sew they tap on their ceiling. How is it that I went 8 years without a complaint and now everyone seems to be bothered by my sewing machine? Mike keeps telling me I have every right to sew but it's just so frustrating. I got home last night at 9:30 and I figured well...why bother sewing when I'm just going to have to quit at 10. What the heck kind of fit are they going to throw when I put my machine on my quilt frame?

8 comments:

Moneik said...

Wow! I think you were in the same position as me last night, except mine was a Home and Garden Party put on by Paul's stepgrandma. Nothing spoke to me and what did was way out of my price range! I went with Leslie and my mom, so at least I knew people there. Glad to hear you are getting caught up on project linus. I'm working on a couple x-mas gifts, but nothing real exciting.

jillquilts said...

DAngm, girl! You must be making a lot of noise! I am so glad that I only have neighbors to one side of me now and they are pretty quiet and haven't complained about my noise. I am pretty lucky!

Michelle said...

Well, when they go tap tap tap, just got tap tap tap back.....you know the old song...'Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me...twice on the pipes, if the answer is noooooo'....or are you too young for that song? I bet your mom knows that one!

Are these people related to the 'cult'? If I were you, I think I would be seeing if there was a downstairs apartment available sometime and getting away from the downstairs grumpasses....but then, YOU might be hearing noises from 'above'.

I think I would just turn up the tv and sew til your little heart was content.

Michelle said...

Are we approaching a full moon?

Kristie said...

Poor thing, it's your apartment and it's not like you are throwing a party or something. I'd sew!!!
Kristie

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I say load a king size up on the frame and quilt till the wee hours of the mornings....but, I'm mean!...lol....
Take up karate and see if they like that better? Crank up the xbox... Ok..just sew...see how peaceful sewing sounds after all the other stuff you could be doing? Sorry you're having problems with them. Happy sewing....

Hazel said...

That happens a lot up here the law is after 11 you are not suppose to do anything that would inter fer with you neighbors enjoyment .But come on a sewing machine ??? Turn some music up I'm sure they would rather have the sewing machine .We bought a corner townhouse so no one says anything ,gee I do some of my best work in the wee hours of the morning ,but then again its in the basement so probably no one can hear it . Good Luck.

Suzan said...

Gosh - I guess it is a good thing that I live "underground" and my neighbor overhead is elderly and doesn't hear well! I often sew in the wee hours of the morning. How frustrating for you. Sew away...maybe they will move!