Saturday, November 24, 2007

Amaryllis Growing Competition

For the last few years my family has had an Amaryllis Growing Competition. It's just for bragging rights but it's a lot of fun. You need to be the first to bloom and if there is a tie then it goes on to tallest plant.


Mike and I each have one. His is in the red pot and will stay at home. Mine is in the white pot and it will go to work with me on Monday.



Wow, it's really hard to photograph with these shiny pots. I didn't even have the flash on. I opted for the ceramic pots this year because every other year we've had plastic pots and they always fall over. I'm hopefull these can stay upright.


You'll probably all get tired of seeing pictures of these stupid things but hopefully my mom will blog about hers as well.



Saturday the 24th was our official planting day. Our bulb kits were purchased at Target.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

That is going to be so neat! Good Luck!!! can't wait to see who wins!
Kristie

Maureen said...

How many people are growing an Amaryllis? I know mine would die...I am just not a green thumb girl.