Friday, November 16, 2007

Do you have any idea how fast you type?

Today while at work one of my bosses asked me if I had any idea how fast I type. It's been years since I've taken a test so I just used my last known score which was 90 words per minute. His response was, "Seriously?" I said, "Yep, I'm a freak." Then we were discussing how fast another co-worker was and I figured she had to be the same or a little quicker. He was trying to decide on a words per minute for some candidates that he was interviewing. Now of course my co-worker and I were curious so we sought out an online test. I just sat down now and tried it and the first one out of the gate was 98. I did it a bunch of times earlier and scored anywhere from 84 to 104.







free typing test (c) CalculatorCat.com


Then we thought we'd find a 10 Key test to try. I scored on this one anywhere from 7000 keystrokes per hour to 11000 keystrokes per hour.

So, where do you rate?

3 comments:

Hedgehog said...

Fun! My first try was 60 - which I scored on a 'real' test about 8 years ago and have written down when asked. Once I knew the sentence, I could get up into the 90s.

Michelle said...

Wow, Jen! When I was in 7th or 8th grade, I learned to type on a HUGE manual typewriter. There were three electric typewriters, but only the 'cool' girls got to use them. One of those girls got recognized with at 60 word a minute pin, and I got a 42. I swear, I had to push each key 2 inches down to make the key strike the paper! I just tried your test, and got an average of 65 words a minute, but I figure that's not too bad for being a factory worker, and just typing at home, putzing around. Now I know how you get your blogs done so quickly! I also have problems with my numbers. I don't know where they are 'exactly' without looking. I find that I turn a lot of letters around too, when typing. I think I have a abcess in my brain in the 'correct order of letters' part of my brain! Do you turn letters around?

Connie said...

(snort!) I was 65 words per min. almost every time (I did it about 4 or 5 times). My Mom FORCED me to take typing in highschool (we're talking early 80's here) and it wrecked my gpa for that year...my Mom still feels a wee bit guilty over that!