Friday, November 9, 2007

Getting Ready for Quilt Retreat

Tonight we have block of the month out at Frank's. Afterwards my mom and I are going to hit the store to get the ingredients for some food for tomorrow. I'll get my Chili & Stuff Pepper Soup made and thrown in the fridge. I decided I'm not going to beat myself up over the cleaning. I'll clean the bathroom, I'll clean the kitchen, make sure the floors are vacuumed and the piles of krap, well I guess I'll just move them!

Mike is going to go over to my mom's today to pick up the extra tables that we need for sewing and bring in some extra folding chairs. My mom will bring her sewing stuff tonight yet to get all set up. We should be able to get the tables, and ironing board all set up.

Michelle is planning on being up by us around 8am and then we'll go to IHOP for breakfast. Whomever would like to join us is more than welcome to. Just let me know. Michelle is going to call me when they hit Madison which will give us an idea on their arrival.

I have a project planned out for the retreat. I bought some panels for the original group that was coming to reatreat but now our group has changed a few times so I'm not sure if I will have enough panels in time for tomorrow. I ordered some additional ones but with my luck they'll get here on Monday. Oh well, I can always give mine up since it's already put together and I'm sure my mom can wait on hers. It'll all work out.

Since the retreat is at my house I don't even think I'm going to plan out what I'm going to work on. I do want to get my Moda block of the month done and 2 Friday night blocks. We'll see whatelse I can get my hands on. I'm not sure if I want to work on projects for ME or if I want to start working on Christmas Presents.

I challenge the rest of you quilters out there to sew your little hearts out this weekend and report back with what you got done this "retreat weekend."

6 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Yay for you all! I gotta get me some friends....LOL I wanna have friends who quilt. We could just take over the house and throw everyone out on their ears. Ok...that won't exactly happen. But I can dream.....
I hope you all have the bestest time ever....
Regina

Moneik said...

Oh your weekend sounds like it is going to be so much fun! Hope you get a lot of visiting and sewing done. My mom, Paul's mom, and I are having our own quilting reatreat. On the agenda - 20 tablerunners!

Karen said...

Have a great day tomorrow. I am heading to Lake Lawn Lodge tomorrow. Some of the gals from Hearthside have a big 4 day reunion/retreat there. Since I can't get away for 4 days, I am going to have to be satisfied with a couple of hours. Good luck with your retreat and don't forget to post pics....I love a good "show and tell"...hugs, Karen

Kristie said...

First off, don't worry about your housecleaning. Just have fun!!!! I'm sure you all will have a blast!!! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Kristie

Anonymous said...

I had a day of sewing with a friend at her house last Saturday and that was fun but what you're doing will be such a blast! How many in all will be there?
Carla

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

My things are packed and I know I'm forgetting something but since I only live a block away I can run home. This is so exciting. OK I'm off...... Retreat 2007 here I come.