Friday, November 2, 2007

I had to get a bit Cre8tive

I managed to piece enough pieces of left over backing to have a wide enough strip to attach to the back. Mike held the quilt while I sewed the strip to the backing. Now I've got it back on the frame. Half-assed, but back on the frame. The backing is attached, the batting is where it's supposed to be but the top is kind of floating. Sooooo, I'll just have to be careful. I have two rows left. I'll just have to pin the top and batting to the backing each time that I advance the quilt.

I'm going to go to bed so that I can get up first thing tomorrow and finish the top. I'd do it now but we have new people moving in below us and we're not sure if they spent the night.

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Look at you go....always a way to fix it....
Bet it turned out wonderfully and can't wait to see the pics...
Have a great Saturday...
See ya...
Regina

Michelle said...

Did you sew it while it was still attached to the roller? I have done that! I'll send you a picture when I find it! Good job of WINNING! I am obsessed. I stayed up til 4am fixing my other computer because the mouse and keyboard would not respond, and I had no wireless internet! I think it happened all because of an upgrade to my mouse! GGGrrrrrrr!!!

Kristie said...

You are a smart lady! Glad it worked for you.
Kristie

Moneik said...

Glad to hear it worked out so well! You are always the super creative one in the bunch. I don't think there is anything you can't fix!