Friday, November 2, 2007

Kassidy's YBR - It's got borders!

Whew, it's bedtime! Looks at the clock...12:26 AM. I just finished putting borders on Kassidy's quilt. I think it looks great. It never ceases to amaze me how much a quilt changes just by adding it's borders. I'm not sure which fabric I have will be used for the binding and I'll have to quick whip up a pillow case too.



My quilt holder/picture taker man went to bed so I had to do the drape across the couch method!


Maybe if I bribe my mom I can get her to put my binding together while I load the quilt onto the frame and quilt it tomorrow. I probably won't go to bed until that binding is on. Sewing a label on in the morning I can handle before the 12:15 party - sewing binding on too - that's just too close for comfort and I'd never be able to fall asleep!

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Whew, Jen, it's 1:30am! I just got done talking to my sister on the phone, while working on laundry, and cleaning up my mess from Louie fixing my sewing cabinet.

My vote on the binding??????? The bright red/orange, or whatever color that is. That would make it POP!

What's the idea of the quilt holder/ picture taker man going to bed when he has a job to do??????
Hee hee!

jillquilts said...

That's awesome! Love the colors! You are a machine when it comes to quilting! I can't wait to get my machine back tomorrow (hopefully it's ready) so that I can sew this weekend! I need my therapy! he he he

butrfly2200 said...

Quilt looks great. I like the border you put on it. Something a little darker would look nice, in my opinion.
Good like with the rest of it.
:)Carol

Michelle said...

Maybe Jill needs to adopt a couple of my extra sewing machines for backup?

Moneik said...

I love the border, it really makes the quilt come together. Now to just get the quilting and binding done. Good luck and have fun tomorrow.