Saturday, November 24, 2007

More sewing on saturday

Yikes! It turns out that since I had all of this batting in my hands and Mike had the bolts of fabric, we forgot the bag with my scissors and needles at Joann's! So I called and they said they had it and would put my name on it. By the time we got there the bag was no where to be found. After a 25 minute wait I just ended up going to pull identical items off the shelf and off the door we went. Unbelievable.


Mike made us some fantastic steaks for dinner and we paired that with our homemade stuffing. I straightened up the sewing room because Mike made a comment about me sewing in the living room and being loud. In the end we decided to watch a movie so I stayed out in the living room set up.


During the movie I finished my fleece pants. They're SOOOOOO soft! I think I'll sew in them all day tomorrow. It'll be like a PJ day only I'll shower and everything and then put the pants back on! I think they turned out really cute. I always put a button on the front because I can never tell front from back on these.


Then I started my wallhanging that we got the pattern for last month at Batik Club. It's more of an artsy piece but I think it will look great on my cubicle wall at work. I've got all of the zig zagging done around the circles and I started quilting the circle patterns. I used my Pounce Pad for the first time and I pulled out a Coluzzle template from scrapbooking to get my circles. I'll be ok until I have to do the large circle. Then I'm not sure what I'll do. Just use my 1/4 inch foot maybe. I don't know. Any ideas?


Not sure what I'll work on tomorrow. But, I did so much sewing for others this week that tomorrow I'm only going to work on stuff for me.

7 comments:

Carla said...

Are the lines on the circle you quilted 1/4" apart? Maybe you could Pounce it on the big circle, start sewing on the lines, and then keep going using your 1/4" foot. My quilt shop sells a big circle stencil but obviously that does you no good! Your quilt is lovely, by the way.

Michelle said...

I love your fleece pants! They do look comfy! Your wallhanging is really neat too. I'm glad Joann's got you straightened out and you got your replacements. Have fun sewing today. Wish I were there with you.

Kristie said...

Glad you finally got your stuff from Joann's. Love your pants. My sister wears those constantly and believe it or not, I don't own a single pair. I may have to make some...I really like your new wallhanging, it is very different, but in a good way.
Kristie

jillquilts said...

Buttons!!! I never thought about using the buttons to identify the front of the pants! I will have to start doing that with the kids pants. I thought about getting tags to put inside the pants, but that is a lot of work...

Congrats on getting some stuff done! :D

Maureen said...

I love the quilt and the fleece pants! You go Jen! I can't believe how much you get done.

Karen said...

Jen, I don't know if either of these tips are what you are looking for, but here goes. You can use a compass and cut circles out of freezer paper. Iron them onto your quilt and then quilt around them. You can also tape a tack to the bed of your machine (to the left of the needle). Then you push your fabric over the tack and let the fabric swivel around the tack. It will sew a circle. I hope one of these tips helps. Good luck. Your quilt is looking great!

Moneik said...

Love the pants! I'm sure you are going to enjoy them for a long time to come! Your wall hanging looks really interesting and challenging.