Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Vacation Day #5 - Thread that is NOT my friend

I'm using a Yellow and Blue varigated thread to quilt my Mom's Sunshine 4-patch flip and I've got to say, King Tut varigated is very quickly losing my vote for being a nice thread. It actually feels stiff. Like dyed stiff. It keeps shreading and breaking in the take up lever. It's getting so frustrating. If I knew I could go out right this minute and find an alternate yellow and blue varigated thread I'd do it. But since I can't be guaranteed I don't want to waste more time.

I'm doing this for my mom for Christmas. Since she was home when I went to steal quilts she already knows about it so I guess it's ok to post about it! I bought the batting and backing and I'm quilting it. I guess now I'll just give them back to her as they're done. Sigh, so much for that surprise.

2 comments:

Moneik said...

King tut varigated is not my friend for stippling either! I used it on the baby quilt and it did that a lot. I finally switched to a 14 embroider needle and put sewers aid on both the thread and needle. Good luck.

Kristie said...

Sorry to hear that you are having such trouble. I really don't know that much about threads, we just don't have a selection around here, unless I buy online and I usually just don't do that.
Kristie