Saturday, November 10, 2007

Quilt Retreat

Michelle & Louie got in a little after 8am. Once they arrived, My mom, Louie, Michelle & I went to IHOP for breakfast. With them they brought a fantastic cutting table for my sewing room that Michelle had found on one of her thrift store excursions. My mom has a rotary cutting mat that will fit it just perfectly!

When we got back to the Retreat Center (AKA, My Apartment) we decided that the selection of tables was "First Come, First Decide." Mom took the big table across from me, Michelle took one of the 2" x 4" tables. Jeannie was next to arrive so she took the 2' x 4' table across from Michelle. Maureen & Sherry were next and took the Kitchen table. When my Aunt Kitty & my Grandma arrived, Kitty squeezed in next to my Mom and Grandma took the glider chair. As each person arrived they also got to pick a bundle of 2 fat quarters that I put together and got to choose their color choice on the "Old Friends" Moda Panel. There was a Olive/Purple colorway and a Red/Purple colorway. I gave mom my semi-completed Olive/Purple panel. She just needs to add borders. I kept a Red/Purple one for myself.

I am simply amazed at all everyone got accomplished today. I think the easiest thing to do is to go person by person.

Michelle - Worked through her entire pizza box of 36 crazy quilt squares and started embellishing them.

Jeannie - Put together a top for Project Linus and made 2 Betty Boop Pillow Cases for a Red Hatter's Christmas Present.

Kitty - Put the binding on her Granddaughter's Baby quilt and worked at quilting it. Completed 3 Panels for the cafe curtains in the granddaughter's bedroom. Only needs to hem them and do the valance.

Cindy - Worked on a "Triangulations" table runner from one of the Charm Pack Patterns.



Maureen - 1 block of the month block, finished assembling the Block of the Month Quilt Top, Assembled the Take 5 Quilt top and started putting borders on until she ran out of fabric.



Sherry - Friday Night's Block of the Month Block, Another pattern that somehow I missed taking a picture of. =(

Grandma- Supervised the whole operation.



Me - Quilted and put the binding on my Pineapple Wall hanging, Made the first 2 blocks for my Friday Night block of the Month Group, Made Block #10 for my Moda U BOM, Made 2 Holly Jolly Table runners - pieced, quilted & appliqued them; they only need binding.








I had such a fantastic time. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it was to have all of us together sewing. We forgot to take a group picture. =( The closest we got was one of Me, Michelle, Mom & Maureen.



My Mom stopped sewing around 8PM and took an hour nap. I kept sewing until Midnight and now it's taken me two hours to do my blog post...of which I'm sure I forgot 90% of the things I wanted to say.

4 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

What a great time you all looked like you were having. I think it's so great you all got to do it and you all got so much done. They all look beautiful. Everyone looked like they had so much fun too! Have a restful Sunday....
Regina

Kristie said...

How exciting! It sounds like you had a blast. Seems like everyone got alot of sewing done. So where was poor Mike during all of this?
Kristie

jillquilts said...

Wow! It seems like you got a lot done! I can't believe all of the people that you had in your apartment! I so wish I had made it! What did you end up doing with the quilting on the pineapple quilt? Did the mesh thingies work with your sulky thread?

Moneik said...

I am simply amazed at all you got done on your quilts and tablerunners! It sounds like you had a lot of people and I'm sure a lot of laughs while you were at it. Your projects look awesome!