Sunday, November 25, 2007

Quilters Amaryllis Growing Contest

Ok, I'm putting up a challenge to anyone who would like to join in the Amaryllis growing contest.

Family quilters, if you have a plant for the family competition you can either use the same entry or a separate entry.

Rules
  1. You must be a quilter.
  2. Buy a boxed amaryllis plant & plant. Anything planted prior to 11/24 can not be an official entry.
  3. To enter the competition you must either comment on this blog entry OR send me an email with your name and email address and blog if you've got one. Entry Deadline is December 1st.

Two winning categories:

  1. First to bloom.
  2. Tallest plant by 12/25.

Prizes

  • There will be prizes for first and second place. I don't have those worked out yet but they will be quilting related and probably will be homemade.

Please share pictures along the way!!


Game ON!!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Can you get plastic or silk Amaryllis bulbs to grow? That would be the only way I could participate. I don't have any live plants!;-)

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

OK mine is planted but I just got home from work and it hasn't grown any yet.

Gina said...

OK I'll bite. I'll go and get one tomorrow and put it on my sewing room windowsill. If I can find room among my Orchid plants.

love and hugs xxx

Moneik said...

I'm in! I picked mine up last night and planted it. Now to take a picture of it. I brought it to work. I thought it might have a better chance of living.