Tuesday, November 6, 2007

The Sewing Studio

Well, I sewed in my sewing studio for like two days and I decided I didn't like to be in there all by myself. So, my frame, my bookshelves with my patterns and my fabric, cutting table and possibly ironing board will all live in the studio with the computer. My sewing machine moved back out to the living room so I can be by Mike. Of course if he's watching something I don't want to watch I am mobile enough that I can put some of those little "moving men" things under the legs of my table and slide it on into the other room. I can also move the table into there when my Mom comes over to sew. That way if one of us is on the quilting frame the other can sew comfortably in the same room.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

I completely understand how you would be lonely. I have thought the same thing about when we get the house done, I will be upstairs, which my sewing room will be an open loft and I can still yell down at everyone, but I think I will be lonesome. So I told Richard that just because I will have that big space doesn't mean that I will sew up there. I figure I will set one machine up downstairs and one upstairs. I also plan on buying me a mini-fridge to put put there too, I've got to have my Diet Pepsi!!!!
Kristie

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

I know exactly how you feel. I'm now "placed" in the living room and I miss my family room. On the upside...I can watch anything I want on tv, I can listen to the music that I love, and Garry hates. But I have four dogs, who only live in the family room. It's a very big room and their bedroom is a small room off the family room, and I miss them, too. Again, the upside...I have a parrot who lives to scream at me, and now I can't hear him! I guess it's just a matter of pros vs cons. Since you know you like being with your husband, I say, if it ain't broke...don't fix it. Whatcha workin on now?
Regina

Michelle said...

Well Jen, I'm glad you miss Mike, and want to move back out to be with him. I bet he is glad too. That makes my heart sing. Like you said before....and it's like that with Louie....if we are in the same house, we don't have to talk....we just need to know that if we WANT to talk, we can, and sometimes all we need to do to be happy is just see each other, or be near each other.

I don't think ANY of us quilters sew like our moms used to...at a dedicated spot. It's good that you have the space to quilt, cut, sew, if you want it, but that doesn't mean you HAVE to. I'm glad you found your 'happy' spot.

Moneik said...

Glad to hear that you are versital enough to move and change depending on the time or what is going on. I love having my own space, but Paul can come down and be on the computer and we are together.