Monday, November 12, 2007

That SUCKS!!

Our vacuum stopped sucking right before the quilt retreat. I wanted to get the carpeting vacuumed before I moved the couch back into place and then Holly got sick so we needed to steam clean the carpets. So Mike runs over to my mom's this afternoon to borrow her steam cleaner. Before starting we took the vacuum apart to see if we could find the clog. No luck. We could see through all the poles. I ran to my Mom's to get hers (Gotta Love Oreck's - they're only 8 pounds!) and sent Mike over to the Oreck dealer to drop off our vacuum. So I went on my way vacuuming and carpet cleaning and Mike walks back in with our vacuum.

Apparantly I managed to suck up a small pad of post-it notes. They had to have been in there for quite some time because I actually have been looking for them! I like to mark things that I like in quilt magazines with them.

The Oreck dealer was only going to charge us $.10 because he also pulled out a dime but Mike bought some pet cleaner to make his digging worth his while.

I really love our Oreck.

6 comments:

Kristie said...

That is just toooooooo funny! I go through vacuums like crazy. I suck EVERYTHING up, so nothing surprises me.
Kristie

Moneik said...

Oh I can just imagine trying to figure out what it was. I had to do that at work once. It was a couple office pens stuck in the vaccumm! My mom's vaccumm quit the week before the wedding when we were cleaning! Apparently we had sucked up a cigarette lighter, which is unusual since no one smokes in our family.

Michelle said...

Well hey, now you don't need to buy any post-its for awhile huh?
Too funny!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
That is so funny! I really needed a laugh this morning, thanks! Sounds like you had a great time this weekend and got so much done. I don't know how you do it. Love the pineapple quilt - blue and yellow are my favorites right now... since that seems to be the colors I keep buying!
Deb (vtquilter)

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You are just too funny. Made my day. I'm glad I'm not the only one to do these things. And... how lucky you are to have your Mom so close you can borrow hers. Wouldn't it be cool to have that central vac deal...where you just plug in a hose in the wall/floor? I would love that. Have a great day! Regina

Nancy-Rose said...

All I have to say is: If your vacuum sucks, is that a good thing? or a bad thing?

Nancy
(loving my new Bissell)