Sunday, November 18, 2007

Vacation Day #2

Today as soon as I got up I cut a baby quilt out of a panel and added borders to it. In no time it was ready. I think it turned out pretty cute. My Aunt Kitty made Cafe Curtains last weekend with another variation of the same fabric. I still have extra blocks so I will cut them apart and put sashing between them and it will be a matching wallhanging for the baby's bedroom.



Mom and I went to Jo-Ann Fabrics. They didn't have anything that we were after on sale. I did buy us some winter/snowflake fleece in blue and I will make her and I fleece pants. First she was looking at this really cute Gingerbread man fleece. All I could picture was this Gingerbread Man stretched out across one of our asses. Needless to say, we ended up with the blue!! I checked for some more of the fabric that Moneik is looking for but they didn't have it. That's ok, I still have 2 more JO-Ann's that are in the neighborhood.



When we came back my mom just wasn't having luck in her projects. Then it turns out that there is a kit she bought last year at Homespun Creations which has now gone out of business. Turns out it didn't have the main panel that she bought the kit for. How ridiculous!!! I hopped on ebay and found one so I've got that on order for her. As soon as it gets here she can put that together.

I put together one of my Yellow Brick Road quilt tops. Now it just needs borders.




I traced some things for a Christmas Gift onto Heat and Bond, ironed it to my fabric and got those pieces cut out. I'll post about that project in a post to be added after Christmas.

I loaded the baby quilt that I had made in the morning onto my frame and got it quilted. It turned out sooo nice. The backing has flannel and now that it's quilted the top feels like flannel.



I was having a a hard time just staying on ONE project. I ended up cutting out the fleece pants for mom and I. I'll probably get them sewn sometime tomorrow. I had some scrap fleece left so I tied a knot at the top of a few pieces, braided it and then knotted the bottom. Instant dog toy!!

8 comments:

jillquilts said...

Ugh!! There is probably no way that I will get all of that done in one day! Of course, there is no way that I can quilt something as quick as you do because I have to practice... Of course, I could probably get 5-8 pairs of pants done for the kids in one day. And maybe the pillowcases, too. I am going to try....

Moneik said...

Oh wow, you've been busy lady! I so wish I was home sewing today. I finished up the purple baby quilt this weekend, made PJ pants for me and got a Summer Tote to the zipper and it was late, so I went to bed. The baby quilt is so way cute. I need to get busy on the YBR for my BM's.But first I am making them bags for X=mas.

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

So...I should definately avoid the gingerbread man too! That could get ugly here. And, I just wanna know what kind of drugs you take that you get so much more done than I do. I need me some of whatever it is you are taking. I do have company coming for dinner, so that took up a lot of my day. I always tend to overcook. Like I'm feeding a platoon of hungry soldiers or something. Comes from my southern roots I think. Have a great Thanksgiving too!

Kristie said...

I love your quilts. You are so fast. I had to laugh at the ginerbread man on the butt story. My mom went and got a tattoo when she turned 50. It is a gingerbread man and I swear it is on her butt!!! She didn't tell anyone for a long time. The only way that I found out was she had surgery and was knocked out afterwards and I was helping the nurse change her. I liked to have died!!!
Kristie

Maureen said...

You are way to efficient and way toooo funny. I too loved the gingerbread man story! Now why didn't you get any of it and make a really cute bandana for Holly and Murphy? I loved the dog toy...Emma would destroy it in a heartbeat.

Happy Quilting....Maureen

Carla said...

You are such an inspiration! I want to be your shadow for a day and learn how to be so productive. Very cute quilt!

Connie said...

That mysterious fireball seen streaking across the sky over WI--is it a comet??? a UFO??? NO! It's Jen going wildly productive! My jaw is hanging open! If you can find a way to bottle that productivity, I'll buy a case!

Michelle said...

You have been a BUSY girl! Margaret has even commented that she misses your blogs and wonders WHAT you have been doing the last couple days.