Sunday, November 4, 2007

Woven Quilt Labels

When I was growing up I always thought the greatest thing about homemade clothing was the labels that my Mom and Grandma put in them. Something like this:


These labels always left me wanting something similar to put on my quilts. This was before I got my Epson printer so I could print directly on fabric and I hated the way my handwritten labels looked so I had these created:


I wish I could tell you all where I bought them, I only know that it was online. I either have 50 or 100 labels that are the sew on style. I remember paying somewhere between $15 to $30 dollars for them. (I've since figured it out: It's Mine USA)

I decided it was time that I should post about them since the label was so visible in my last post.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

I wish you knew where you got them too! They are really neat!

jillquilts said...

Those really cute! And a great way to tag your quilts!

butrfly2200 said...

The is a really great label. If you remember where you got them please let us know.
I like that verse too. I have seen it before somewhere.
:)CArol

teresa said...

Yes! I wish I knew where you got them too! They are fantastic! I will have to do some internet surfing to see if I can find them.I'm glad you posted about them.

Anonymous said...

Jen,
Great quilt and really neat quilt labels. I'll have to surf the net a bit and see if I can find them. Love the saying.
Deb (vtquilter)

Moneik said...

Love the saying Jen and the labels are so precious. What a great gift to give with your quilt. Someone will always remember who made it in the future.

missgrey said...

I found your webpage because I am trying to find out where I can buy or have made labels to add to the quilts that I have made. I love your labels and if you find out where to get them please tell us. I will be checking in from time to time. This is exactly what I remember my mother using in her quilts - never thought the product would not be available. thank you for sharing.
Phylllis