Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Cough Cough Gasp Wheeeeeeeezzzzzzeeeeeeee

If you're an asthmatic...you know exactly what I'm talking about.

So this dripping we've got going on.....the roof damage from all the snow on the roof...it's starting to mold/mildew. I'm allergic.

Our washer is dead, they're supposedly ordering us a new one but it's on backorder. I had to run some laundry over to my mom's tonight because the poor clothing that was in the washer and never spinning out smelled horrible. I poured a 20 ounce bottle of vinegar in with it.

Low and behold, we're actually OUT of towels. We've sopped and sopped and sopped and sopped...we're out and with no washer I don't know what we're going to do. Oh yeah, they gave us a key to an apartment blocks away so we can do laundry if we need to. You know, that's good in theory but at that point I'd rather run to a laundromat and do it all in two hours than driving back and forth to do laundry. Then again...if I hang out at Mom's this weekend perhaps I can get a lot of laundry done.

So back to the mold/mildew. It's taking my breath away. I'm hacking. I'm hiding in the bedroom where the smell isn't so bad.

Here's our conversation:
M: Maybe you should take your inhaler.
J: Perhaps.
M:Do you know where it is?
J:Yep, but I'm not going out for it.
M:I'll go get it.
J:Nah, don't go out just for that; it's stupid.
M:What's stupid? You being able to breathe? Where is it?
J:It's in my car
M:What the hell is it doing there?
J:It fell out of my purse once.
M:And you just never put it back in?
J:Nope.
M:Ok, that's it. I'm going out, where is it?
J:On the back seat just sticking out from between the back and seat crevice.
M:That's just wrong, why don't you carry it?
J:Isn't it better that I actually know exactly where it is for once?
M: Sigh....goes out, returns with inhaler.

Now, both my mom and dad can attest that I NEVER used to know where an inhaler was. So really this IS a step in the right direction. At least I knew it's whereabouts. Sigh, I SUPPOSE there is a little room for it in my Miranda Day Bag.

8 comments:

Moneik said...

I can completely hear the conversation! I'm lucky I don't have breathing problems, but I know when I spend too much time in my parents basement I have a hard time breathing because there is mold down there.

Gina said...

That's not far off the conversationa Mal and I have. I know roughly (well what room ) things are in and I know where things aren't in the house. When malcolm goes looking for something he calls it going on a voyage of discovery as he never knows what's going to turn up.

love and hugs xxx

Anonymous said...

Just keep the GD thing in your purse......UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Jen said...

Giggle...Anonymous....

Mike you're busted!! I KNOW that's you!!

Kristie said...

I sure hope you are feeling better and they get all of that fixed.

Mike is just too funny!
Kristie

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Hey, CARRY IT WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES IN YOUR PURSE. Don't make me come over there and smack you one. Your laundry is done and so are the towels.

Maureen said...

Okay I can totally relate only I know where mine is all the time but do I want to use it....NO! Mine is buried at the bottom of my purse with my EpiPen...so in case of emergency dump purse and rummage though the mess...that's my plan for finding my inhaler and EpiPen.

Maureen

Heather said...

Jen your so funny!! I can here the conversation now.. lol.. and then mom saying shes going to come over and smack you one.. brought back flashbacks I think my mom told me that the other day..

Heather