Thursday, December 27, 2007

Finish it up Month - Clarification

Ok, since there's been a few questions I thought I'd clarify a few things.



Finish it up month is going to be whatever you deem it to be. It doesn't necessarily mean completely finished quilts or getting EVERYTHING you have finished. It could mean assembling a quilt top you've been putting off, adding borders to something, binding a few quilts.



Now that Christmas sewing has come to a close (unless you're me and STILL working on it) it's time to get back into those projects started before the holiday season. The projects that weren't cast off because we didn't want to work on them but because we needed more supplies, or just didn't have the time.

For me, in some respect it does mean some finished quilts but that's because I have my frame and am no longer afraid of finishing some of the tops that I've been accumulating over the past year or two.

It's also a time for me to finish a few projects that have been thorns in my side such as my Harvest Spice Quilt. I don't like it, I'll never like it but I don't want it hanging around unfinished either. I'll feel better about that one even if it means putting it into storage as soon as it's completed.

So here are my Goals:
  1. 2007 Block of the Month from my Second Friday Group - Add outer flange and border, Quilt and Bind
  2. Get Egg Money BOM back on Track (I think I'm behind about 2-3 months now.
  3. Work on Celestial Migraine BOM - I started about 6 months late so it's not like it's going to be finished at the same time as everyone else anyway.
  4. The 2 blocks that I'm behind on my Moda U BOM
  5. Quilt and bind my Sunflower Dresden Plate Quilt
  6. Border, Quilt & Bind Harvest Spice
  7. Bind Moda Hexagon Quilt
  8. Quilt and Bind my Yellow Brick Road Quilt
  9. Quilt and bind my Tree Skirt
  10. Finish Quilting and bind my Circular Mini-Wallhanging
  11. Remove the basting tacks in my Pineapple Quilt & snip threads

At the end of January, whether or not my list is complete I'll get to start a new project or two!

8 comments:

AJ said...

Wow, you have quite a few prodjects ongoing. I don't think that I could juggle more than a couple.

Maureen said...

Knowing you Jen, you will finish up all of these projects and more! You are such a great quilter and Friend! Okay now with that said, my question is how do you do it all???

Maureen

Moneik said...

I'm sure you will finish up all the projects you have going on. I have the b/w quilt and a bom to work on during finish it up month. Plus some tablerunners.

Kristie said...

Nice long list!!!! I have mine listed on my sidebar, I don't think it is as long. But I think that I will try harder to finish it since everyone can see it.
Kristie

Cindy said...

Wow! You go girl! That's quite a list. I always have this same goal at the beginning of the year. Maybe this will give some incentive to rock off some stuff myself :0)

Carla said...

Your list for a month looks like what I'd plan for a year and sadly for me, you'll finish yours in a month and I'll still be plugging away this time next year. You should teach a class on "Quilting Time Management"!

jillquilts said...

Yes, start a class on managing quilting time! I will work this weekend on coming up with a January list and then I am adding a 2008 list to my side bar. Hopefully, I will be able to remove the Christmas presents list from my sidebar because those should all be done.....

Gina said...

And the best of luck.

love and hugs xxx