Monday, December 24, 2007

Fleece Quilt

Well, last night I worked on a Christmas gift that I don't need until the end of the week. I just needed a break and I wanted to try something new. There's been some chatter about Free Motion Quilting on two layers of fleece on my Frame Quilting message boards recently. I wanted to give it a try. I bought a USMC fleece for the top and a red for the bottom. This fleece quilt is for my Dad but mainly it was because I wanted to experiment with something new.


It's stippled and it really lends itself to this fleece since it's lightly camoflauged. The stippling makes that really stand out. I ended up using Bottom Line thread on both the top and the bottom. I needed a polyester to really sail through the fleece. I think it turned out quite nicely. I actually can't wait to make one for myself.




I set it up lenghtwise across my frame. Once I figured out that I needed to use polyester thread it went really quickly. I eyeballed a 4 inch perimeter and once I was done I straightened out the edges and snipped them and started tying them.




Well, I'm off. It's Christmas Eve and I still need to finish sewing on my Mom's presents.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

Awesome! And cute signature too!

Maureen said...

Wow that looks nice! I should learn how to make them....i.e. how far to cut and what type of know to make!

I hope your dad likes it!

Maureen said...

KNOT...that should be knot instead of know...too fast on the send button today.

Kristie said...

I think it turned out great! I assume by the fabric the he was in the USMC?? Richard was too.
Kristie

jillquilts said...

That turned out really awesome! Was it fairly easy to do? I am guessing that it was since you want to make another. :)