Sunday, December 23, 2007

Gotcha Day!

Today is Gotcha Day! The day we got Holly from the Humane Society 8 years ago. So today we dote on her and huggle her and just all around love her. We're so lucky to have her in our lives.


Jean came over this morning and I threw her quilt on the frame and quilted it for her. Something wasn't working quite right because I had a lot of thread breaks and I'm not sure why. I juse used this same thread the other day to do my Hexagon Quilt and had no troubles with it then. But, I pressed on and boy does it look nice!! This is Jean's second quilt, my 17th on my Frame.


Here's the picture that she used as her color inspiration. It's called Voices & Visions by JD Challenger. Her parents have this in their living room.



Today is also Festivus. Later on we'll have to have the airing of the grivances and the feats of strength!!

Happy Festivus!!!!!

5 comments:

Kristie said...

I'm sure Holly is a happy girl today. I love the quilt, I'm sure they will enjoy it.
Kristie

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

How did you do the label so it looks like it was printed right on the back of the quilt?

Michelle said...

Hey Jen, maybe it's time to pull the bottom off your machine and clean out the lint. Might be time for some oil too. You HAVE been doing a lot of quilting.

Happy Gotcha Day to you, Mike and Holly. How lucky she was to find a home with you!

The quilt looks great!

Moneik said...

What a special day to celebrate! The quilt looks great and I'm sure she appreciates your help.

jillquilts said...

Those colors on the quilt are awesome. And the quilting looks great, as usual!! :)