Sunday, December 9, 2007

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!

This morning Mike made me a birthday breakfast on a plate the my mom painted for me a few years back. I thought the pancake was a puppy dog, but it's a Mickey Head. =)

I came home from Patched Works yesterday to find that Mike had replaced my DVD player for my birthday. It had died the day or two before. This is the DVD player in my Studio. I also got a card from Holly with two puppies on the front and a card from Mike that sings "Burning Ring of Fire." It's joke with Mike and I because he always gets that song in his head for months on end. Most of the time because certain people plant it there. The really funny thing is that usually Mike ends up buying me the same Birthday card every year. I have a collection. The even funnier thing is that I found this Burning Ring of Fire card in May and bought it for his next February birthday and here now I have my own!! LOL.

I had quite a few awesome e-cards in my inbox this morning from Jill, Kristie, Michelle & Louie and Maureen.

My mom gave me a laser light for on my Gracie frame. I can't wait to use it while I learn to quilt pantographs. I also got a 9 degree ruler so I can make tree skirts. I think next year will be the year of the tree skirt!!


I also got the rest of my yo-yo's made. 90 in 4 days! Yes, I'm a nut. Perhaps Chelsey is right, maybe I am on Crack!! So now the garland measures 24 feet, 4 inches. I doubled its lenght in 4 days. It's approximately 148 yo-yo's since the finished size of each is 1 inch. I sewed them all with hand quilting thread because it's nice and strong and durable. I sewed them together using a 3.5 width zig zag and my feed dogs dropped. Now I can put it on the tree normal and start putting the ornaments on.


Mike, my Mom and I went to That's Amore for dinner. It was sooooo good. I always get the Spinach Eggplant Parmigiana. We also had Lemon Meringue Pie.

7 comments:

Kristie said...

What a nice breakfast! That is so cute and thoughtful! I bet you were very happy to get a new DVD player too.
Kristie

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday Jen!!

Carol Van Rooy said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope you had a great one.

Heather said...

Jen sorry to have missed your birthday! I hope you had a great one and that you had lots of fun. I love your garland very festive.

Heather

Michelle said...

Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday, Sweet Jen, Happy birthday to you! I hope you had a great day, I love your yo yo garland, and look for a package in the next few days.

Rose Marie said...

Happy belated BD! Love those yo-yo's and we'll need to see the tree decorated with them.

Moneik said...

Happy Birthday Jen! I wasn't even near my computer this weekend or I would have wish you one yesterday. Hope you had a great day. Love the face.Your garland looks awesome, you're a speed demon!