Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Have you been to your local Beauty Supply House latley?


Now seriously, I'm NOT nuts. Mom and I were on our way to Jo-Ann Fabrics the other day and in the same strip mall is a Sally's Beauty Supply. I told Mom that we needed to go there for some notions but I wouldn't tell her what I was going in for. Funny thing is, she found the first notion before I did!

I've been using Mascara Wands from the tester counter for quite some time now. They're fabulous for getting the lint out of your machine in all the hard to reach areas. Mom found a pack with really long handles that are used for highlighting hair. The best part is they're all one piece so we won't have to worry about the wand head falling off anymore like the cheapie tester ones.

Then I found what I was looking for. A bottle that is used when putting hair dye right on the roots. It has a thinner nozzle. I read somewhere recently that it's great for putting water in an iron. So I've picked one up and can't wait to try it.



They also have lots of little scissors, tweezers, tiny files for getting into little places if you have a burr somewhere on your thread path that you need to do away with.

4 comments:

Moneik said...

You are seriously the best at finding cool little gadgets!

Kristie said...

I have a whole box of that stuff somewhere in the outbuilding. Ex-hubby was a stylist! I know that sounds odd, knowing how rough and rugged that hubby #2 is. Trust me hubby #2 (Richard) is a true keeper!
Kristie

Heather said...

How awesome I will have to pick up some of those little gadgets. I'm sure that they would make good secret sister gifts too.

Heather

Gina said...

I'm another one who has a whole load of oddbits in her sewing room. You'd be amazed what you can use for your sewing. I know Mal is.

love and hugs xxx