Monday, December 3, 2007

I'm not Cre8tive enough to give my post a title....

Before I left work today I had a horrible migraine so I took my meds before I even got in the car. I took a nap and then things were MUCH better. I didn't really have the attention span to work on anything serious so I pulled out my Yo-Yo's. I think I've got another 20 or sew that I can add to the garland. Hopefully before too long I'll have enough for the tree.

Later on in the evening I did work on a Christmas present.

I've been thinking about my Miranda Day Bag. The pattern suggests not using a magnetic closure. I know on the Yahoo Group, Joan had said her reasoning for steering us away from a magnetic closure was because you'd be cutting through your top stitching. I think it you were careful and added Fray Check or something similar as soon as it was attached you'd be ok. That's actually what I did when I put my purse feet on. To me the flap closure just seems so light weight in comparason to the weight and stiffness of the rest of the bag. On my next one I think I'm going to put some interfacing in the flap closure as well as the batting AND I'm going to do the magnetic closure. I think the physical weight of the magnetic closure will help to pull the flap down and into place.

4 comments:

Moneik said...

Great idea about adding the magnetic closure. I'm sure it will make it better to have that kind of closure. Let me know how it works.

Maureen said...

Keep me posted if the magnetic closure works...I think I would prefer one as well!

Kristie said...

Glad you are feeling better. I'm sure your magnetic closure will work just fine. I really love the bag. How big is it? Is it as easy to make as the others?
Kristie

Nancy-Rose said...

Hey - I've been all about the creative titles too! I just about put "Wednesday" in my title for today's entry. How weak is THAT?!?!

I totally love your bag, BTW!