Sunday, December 2, 2007

Lazy Sunday

And by Lazy I don't mean sitting around and doing nothing.
I worked on my Lazy Girl Miranda Day Bag. It took me most of the day but the time spent was well worth it. I made a pretty big goof up but I was able to fix it. Somehow when I sewed the pockets to the lining, I managed not to sew across the bottom of the pockets. Of course I didn't notice until the whole bag was together so I slipped small strips of heat and bond at the bottom of each pocket and ironed them into place.

Here's my finished bag:

I fussy cut my flap closure and then I used my Hot Fix Bejeweler wand to affix 5 crystals to the medallion.

I put a Swivel hook and a D-ring to hold the sides of the bag in place. I've already removed the d-ring and put a swivel hook on both sides.


I added 6 purse feet to the bottom. The picture didn't come out very well because I think the auto focus on my camera just died.
The handles are REAL LEATHER handles that I bought at Bigsby's. They smell so good!
Of course, I had to whip up a matching Wonder Wallet. Since I was so excited by putting a few crystals on my purse, I decided to bling up my wallet!

I had to run out to Michaels to get the swivel hooks. I misplaced the ones that I purchased and decided to go out to get another set. I managed to leave the house with my scissors around my neck. No wonder everyone was looking at me funny!


I ran out with my Mom and Grandma to The Patched Works so that we could redeem our buy one kit, get one kit half off coupon. Local Ladies, Patched Works now has their computer system up and running so now is the time to take in all of those reciepts that you've been collecting for their frequent buyer program!!

Mom and I each picked up kits for two of the McKenna Ryan Gingerbread Lane patterns. Obviously these won't be done for this year!! I think they'll have to be a year long project. I can work on cutting out pieces during lunch time. From what I've seen so far, they are really nice patterns. All of the pieces are grouped together by color to make them easier to cut out.

Here are the two we each bought:

I pulled out our tree and strung my yo-yo garland on it. 12 Feet is definitely not going to be long enough. I'll have to really go to town on my Yo-Yo production in the next few weeks. The good thing is that they'll fit nicely in my Miranda Day Bag so I can pull them out whenever I have a few minutes. I would have shot a picture of the whole tree but as I said above, I think the auto focus is dead! I took a few pictures and they all came out blurry. =(

My Yo-Yo Garland is has been featured on Joan Hawley's Lazy Girl Designs blog as one of 10 Quick Holiday Projects and Ideas.

I've been in my Quilting Studio all day today and watching the Harry Potter Movies on DVD. I've made it through 1, 2 & 3 and I'm currently watching the 4th. I just read that the 5th is coming out on DVD on the 11th!


How could I forget? Today was the first day that I sewed with my new Anti-Vibration leveling mounts on my sewing table. They made a world of difference. I don't feel the vibration while I sew and Mike didn't feel it when he was standing next to my table. I purchased 4 Mighty Mounts to replace the cheap leveling mounts that came on my Janome Sewing Cabinet. These Mighty Mounts are for industrial applications, but I figure, if they can keep an industrial machine from vibrating, they can keep my sewing machine from vibrating!!

Time for bed. I just hope I can be this productive the rest of the week!

9 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

That bag is awesome. You know I have a bag fetish....lol So..if it needs a new home, you let me know. It really is a great one. Don't we all travel with scissors around our necks? I thought it was like a badge of courage? That and threads hanging from out clothes, so we can recognize one another....Have a great week, SuperQuilter!

Connie said...

Your bag and accessories turned out sooo good!! Great job. Thanks for posting a pic of the Mighty Mounts--glad they are working for you. No more crabbing from the neighbors I take it? and one more comment--how lucky you are that your hubby cooks!!!!! I am so envious!! Mine will make tea, that's about it. Sew on girl!

Moneik said...

Your bag is awesome! I really need to find fabric I like and make mine! I love the leather handles too.
The mighty mounts sound so awesome! I really need to get something similar. My table has wheels and moves! It sucks for trying to quilt anything big that needs moving.

susanm said...

Love your bag. You seem to be very busy starting this week.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I have to say ladies I saw the Miranda bag in person and it's awesome. I get tired just reading your blog.
Mom

Rose Marie said...

That is a great bag and matching wallet! I need to make one for my Mom for Xmas and you've given me ideas.

Carla said...

Great bag, Jen! I've been reading about the bag over on the Lazy Girl site and want to make one, too. Maybe I can during the week I'm home after Christmas. What did you mean when you said that you took the D rings off and just used the swivel hooks? I'm having a hard time visualizing it.

Kristie said...

First off, I love your new bag! The fabric is beautiful and the crystals look great!

The new kits are very pretty, I'm sure you will enjoy doing them.
Kristie

Maureen said...

Ohhh is she pretty...I want one!! If Miranda needs a home, she is mroe than welcome to live with me. I love the crystals...I want to use mine soon....one of these days.

Maureen