Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Quilty Christmas

I hope everyone had a very Quilty Christmas. Ours was "interesting" and I'll leave it at that. The end of the day was great and I fell asleep on my Mom's couch with my quilt and a copy of "The New Year's Quilt" by Jennifer Chivarini.

My mom LOVED her quilt and her unfinished Miranda. Yes, I said UNFINISHED. I need to make the flap, the sleeve for the bag-e-bottom and then sew in the swivel hooks and insert the purse feet and it will be done. Then I'll whip up a few components - 2 wonder wallets & 2 little pouches. That shouldn't take too long; by the end of the week she'll have her finished purse. I can't wait to see how full her purse becomes...she's got a bad habit of letting it get to 10-15 pounds. We've weighed it in the past. Giggle.

My mom made me an AWESOME raggy flannel quilt in my favorite - blue and snowflakes!! It's awesome! It's so nice and warm. I can't wait to post a picture of it. She also made me a Holly Jolly Table Runner.

Now, I just need to get 2 pairs of fleece pants and another Miranda finished this week before I go to celebrate Christmas at my Dad's. I'm worried about finishing the Miranda; the pants are no big deal.

2 comments:

Carol Van Rooy said...

Cant't wait to see the quilt your mom made. I hate snow, but love the snowflakes adapted in your projects.

Moneik said...

Sounds like your Christmas was similar to ours. I need to get back to my sewing machine or I'm going to go crazy. It's been a wild few days and I need some sleep.