Saturday, December 8, 2007

Mom's Yellow Brick Road

Here's the Yellow Brick Road Quilt that I'm making for my Mom for Christmas. It looks so washed out but those are the borders that she chose. It's more colorful in person. Maybe I'll have to use a red or one of the other strong colors for the quilting to bring the red out more to give it some punch. I'll see what she thinks when she comes over today. Or, we'll have to get a red for binding or something. It just needs...SOMETHING.



Well, Now it's time to get her 4-Patch flip loaded onto the frame. Here's a picture of it without borders. This is the last out of three quilts that I'm quilting for her as a Christmas Gift. I also got the batting and backing for two of them.



2 comments:

Kristie said...

I think your quilt looks very pretty. I'm sure your mom is so pleased to have her quilts quilted. That is a very nice gift.
Kristie

Moneik said...

Oh I love the Christmas quilt and I'm sure she'll love it. The YBR is great too, but I agree it needs something. I think a red binding would pull it all together.