Monday, December 24, 2007

One Gift Down, One to Go

Well it's Christmas Eve and I've worked hard and procrastinated too. I just finished a quilt that I was making for my Mom for Christmas. I had a stack of fat quarters from a Sandy Gervias Springtime line. Out of that stack I made three Yellow Brick Road quilts. One for Kassidy, one for my Mom and one for Me. Mine is now the only one not finished. It just needs to be quilted and bound.


Without further ado, here's mom's quilt. It does still need the label but I'm out of yellow ink and now the printer won't print without it.



Since the borders that my mom chose were soooooo light I decided to put a red binding on it. Unfortunately you really can't tell that from the picture but the whole quilt is much brighter and more colorful in person.


Ok, it's 2pm. Now I've just got to finish her Miranda bag. Can I do it? Well....it's doubtful but I'm going to give it my best effort.



10 comments:

Carla said...

You put your bindings on so quickly! Do you sew the final step by hand? It takes me forever to sew a binding on which makes it the least favorite part of making a quilt for me. Once again, you've made a very nice quilt and your mom will love it. Now, I have to run upstairs and finish the gift I'm making for my sister!

Michelle said...

I can see the binding, and it looks GREAT! Congratulations on all your accomplishments! Good luck with Miranda!

I have been reading 'Wedding Ring' by Emilie Richards. I am about half done, and I love it.

Gonna put my lasagna in the oven and at 6pm we will be at Louie's brothers for our annual Christmas eve visit.

Kristie said...

I think it turned out beautiful!!! I'm sure she loves it. I really like the red binding.
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas Jan, Mike and Holly! Hope you had a wonderful Festivus with the rest of us, LOL.

jaja

Moneik said...

Wow you are amazing. I love the binding and I'm sure your mom will love it.

Cindy said...

Very Pretty!!! A job well done :0) Your mom is lucky to be getting that!

Debi said...

Very pretty Jen, I really like the pattern and the colors in this quilt.

Connie said...

I second everyone else's thoughts--the red binding is great! It really adds some spice--just the right finish.

Elaine Adair said...

This is a lovely, gentle quilt - the wide border is so feminine and the bit of red is exactly right!

jillquilts said...

I agree that the red binding was a must! It looks great!