Friday, December 28, 2007

The Pajama Quilter Reloaded

It's snowing like mad. Ok, maybe it's stopped by now. It's a heavy wet snow too, probably about 8 inches that fell today. On my way home from work I was even thinking how beautiful it was out and how I wanted to get home, grab my "real" camera and tripod and head back out to take pictures. Something I always say I'm going to do and never do. Things didn't work out as planned because as I pulled into the driveway and ujp the hill and around the corner to pull into the garage my car got stuck. I had to call Mike to come out and help. In the end he shoveled a lot of this heavy, awful snow to free my car and a guy from across the way came over to help push me out of these awful ruts.

So I came inside, put my boots on and grabbed my furry friend Flicka to go outside and play in the snow. I actually built a snowman! Probably the first one in about 20 years. The snow was perfect for it. But my digital camera was in the house. BUMMER!! Maybe it'll still be standing tomorrow and I can get a shot.

Last week I ordered a new DVD that just came out. The Pajama Quilter: Reloaded. It was a little pricey at $28 BUT I got more out of this DVD than any other Free Motion Quilting book that I've bought or browsed through. I bought Ricky Timms Grand Finale last year but I didn't get much out of it. It was far too advanced for a person like me. This had real ideas and techniques that an average quilter could practice and try.

7 comments:

Hazel said...

Sounds like you had fun in the snow ,your only as old as you feel .Is this CD your ordered for long arm or regular machine quilting ?

Hazel said...

I found my answer on the larger image ,let us know how it works out .

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a great time playing in the snow. I wish we got big snows like that here. Last year we got about 6 inches, but only one time and the was the biggest snow that we had gotten in a few years.

You new DVD sounds very interesting. I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Kristie

Heather said...

What fun to go out and play in the snow. Dad says he did the same (in colorado) if you call shoveling the driveway playing. Sounds like your happy about your DVD.. That's always good.. maybe the other one will have more for you later.

Heather

SandyQuilts said...

Jen, how's your fleece quilting coming along?

So you think PJ's new DVD is worth the money? I hated the 1st wone ... all those noises in the background (ugh). That's why I didn't purchase her new one.

Beth said...

You are the 2nd blogger to mention that DVD this week! Mary liked it too...I may have to ask for that for my birthday. What kind of machine do you quilt on?

jillquilts said...

Well, now I really can't wait for a field trip to come up and see the DVD!