Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Quilt is a Once in a Lifetime type thing

Mike and I went out for dinner tonight. I couldn't find my gloves; they've been missing for a few days now so I threw Mike's on. First we got into this argument that they were my gloves, not his - especially when I told him he had really small hands. He just wouldn't believe me that they wern't mine. Then my hands started to itch....A LOT. Like want to rip your skin off itching. Sure enough, they're his AND the lining is cashmere. DUH, I'm allergic. Two Benadryls and a few hours later and my hands are still itchy, red and I'd still like to rip my skin off. NICE.

Then we were bantering back and forth about a comment Mike made weeks ago that he now denies making. So this comment was in regard to me asking if I could make him a quilt or flannel pants or pillow cases for Christmas.

A quilt is a once in a lifetime type thing. I already have two, I don't need any more.

Umm HELLO, Knife to my HEART. Just put it in and twist....repeatedly while you're at it. Yep, that's my husband the Schmuck. Yes Mike, I called you a Schmuck.

Onto my next rambling topic. Remember the Eye Glasses Saga from late last week? So after last weeks situation I call and ask them if I can just pick up my prescription to price check elsewhere. I was at the end of my rope with them. Then the holidays came and I forgot to go get it. Now today I realize I'm down to the wire, if we're going to use this money it needs to be this week. I go over there at lunch and just figure I'll just have them do whatever they're going to do just so I get lenses. The receptionist says to me, "They're at lunch, you should know that." Ummm, how the heck would I know that? If you're closed, put your closed sign up and lock the door. Heck, last week I was informed that I interrupted their Christmas Luncheon. By this point, I'm back to being irritated with them again so I ask about picking up my prescription. The response I get it, "Like I said, they're out to lunch." Ok, do I have treat me like shit tatooed to my forehead? I said, "Well, I called asking for it last week." She replies, "Oh." Pulls out the envelope, slaps it on the counter and walks into the back room. HONESTLY!!

Tonight after dinner Mike suggested we check out Sam's Club's optical prices. Low and behold. For $180 I'll have my lenses in 1 week, not 3. They didn't have to keep my frames, they just traced my lenses, they'll be a little thinner than they are currently and will have the roll and polish edge like I have currently. PERFECT. No hoops to jump through, no trying to upsell me on everthing, had no problems using my current frames. Of course, we still needed to find about $50 worth of medical expense products on. We now own a giant bottle of Excedrin Migraine, 300 allergy pills, 4 bottles of contact solution and a new wrist brace. Tomorrow I will get everything submitted and all can be right with the world.

So now I'm home and I should be sewing but Mike is playing poker on the computer in the Sewing Room. I'd kick his butt out but he hasn't been playing for quite some time. Looks like it's time to curl up with my new quilty.

Oh, and while I was out I bought another two tubes of tooth paste!!

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Gotta love Mike! What else are we going to do with him? Glad your lenses are on order. I will be curious to see what you think of them.

Gotta go to bed. I have to work all day tomorrow! (Sigh!) =-(

Kristie said...

Men! They will never understand us! Richard asks me all of the time what we are going to do with all of these quilts? I tell him to shut up, he will need them when I throw his ass on the couch!!!
Kristie

Hazel said...

Now now ladies ,we all know men just don't have the brains we do .We should feel sorry for them ,well at least after we kick their butts in LOL .Glad your working out your problem but I think I would have had a few rude words for that lady after all it is your prescription ,what was her problem they shouldn't leave the store in such incapable hands

Sew Create It - Jane said...

Well I'm glad to see that your corner of the world isn't much different than my corner of the world. My DH and I have similar conversations about quilts...he even asks me when I'm giving it up! HA...that would be like asking me to lop a leg off!
TTFN

Moneik said...

Jen I feel your pain! Paul is the same way. I asked what he would like made for Christmas and he said nothing, I'd rather have you buy what I want. I could have killed him, so he got pj pants made from a tool fabric. They were way cute! I think I need to make him another quilt though, because he only ever wants to use his quilt on the bed! Glad you got your money used up. I hate places that have terrible customer service. I just want to say how do you stay in business?

Elaine Adair said...

I am aghast with the story of your lens, or new glasses and the office where they were to be picked up! I would definitely have to write a letter to whoever is in charge - what a lousy way to try to run a business!

Carol Van Rooy said...

IF your haven't a place for any of Mike's orphan quilts, I can change my name to MIke. Just kiddin'. Keep up the great quilting, the rest of us appreciate it.

Anita said...

I once made a quilt for my mother-in-law and she said basically the same thing. "I already have plenty of blankets. I don't need another one" So, now we send things that they "need". ;-)

It's the thought that counts, right?

Gina said...

Mal used to say things like that, but after 16 years of marriage he is now well trained. His reaction now is
'yed dear, of course we need another quilt.'
Anything for a quiet life.

love and hugs xxx