Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Quilters Amaryllis Growing Contest

So far no one from the quilting contest has produced a flowering plant. That contest is still open...we'll go until we get a first and second place winner on that.

BUT, I do need some height winners. =) The contest for that part was the tallest by Christmas Day. Since it's the 26th, we'll take everyone's measurements for today if you've got them.

So bring it on; who has the tallest plant?? Post your heights as a comment.

Mine is a short 13 inches...no winner here I'm sure!!

9 comments:

Carol Van Rooy said...

No luck here.... mine is merely one inch tall. A growth handicap for sure.

Carol Van Rooy said...

Jen... could you please tell me how you get the links within your posts which direct visitor's to the original post... I've tried everything. HELP!!!!

Moneik said...

Okay I don't know for sure how tall mine is, but I'll have to take a picture tonight. It started to curve, so I got a dowl out and tied it up. It hasn't bloomed yet though.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I'm in for 23 inches but no bulb.

Moneik said...

I'm at 14", but no bulb yet.

Anonymous said...

Mine's 10.5" and the bulb is growing about 3/4" a day! Amaryllis sure have different growth than paperwhites.

Anita said...

My comment is above as anonymous. Blogger posted my comment before I got my name in there... :-)

Diana Laurence said...

Mine (yesterday anyway) is at 13" too, but I have a nice bud that looks like it could open in a week or so. I'm so excited to see what happens!

Gina said...

I'm a bit late but as it's only 14 inches it's not going to make a difference.

love and hugs xxx