Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Sewers Aide

So I've had this bottle of sewers aide hanging around for the last few weeks. In order to get my batik, batik, double batting combo to work I ended up putting some of the sewers aide on my needle and then wah lah, no more breaking thread!! Now I've got to make up my template so I can cut my laptop cover into it's shape.

Mike and I did some Christmas Shopping tonight. I bought his gift. Ok, more like he pointed to what he wanted, I went to the bathroom while he paid for it. I did pick up a little USB do-hicky that I can put my XD Memory Card from my digital camera in. This way I'll save on the life of my batteries.

Then I got the brilliant idea that I want a lap desk to put under my laptop because I typically have my legs crossed and don't want it to be uneven if Miss B nudges me. You'd think I was out looking for gold. No such luck in finding one. We checked Circuit City, Bed Bath & Beyond, Target, Office Max and Big Lots. Some of them had super expensive ones and others had laptop specific ones; but I want the kind with the beads or what not in the bottom like we used to have when we were kids. In the end I think I'll just end up making one.

6 comments:

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

OK I give what is sewers aide?

Heather said...

With all the cool stuff that you have gotten for your birthday/christmas how is anyone else supposed to know what to get you for belated gifts? Smiles

Nancy-Rose said...

Oh, I know EXACTLY the lap thingy you need - I've stolen Baby Soldier's that he's had since he was a toddler. It has dinosaurs on it, but it does the job perfect! I hope you find one - just keep your eyes open, and one will pop into your path.

Debi said...

Wonderful gifts for your birthday. I buy batting on the roll also, just difficult to find a place to store it. Happy Birthday Jen.

Connie said...

Just saw those lap desks at Ulta of all places! (Do you have those up by you?) Weird that it was in a make-up/perfume/toiletries place, but it was. And they had cute ones, too.

Moneik said...

I told you Sewers Aid would be the life saver for you! You can also put it on the thread, like one or two lines up and down the spool. Paul has a list a mile long of what he would like. I always try to buy things he won't buy for himself.
I have seen those laptop desks at Michaels and Hobby Lobby. I highly suggest getting a laptop cooling pad to put under your laptop so you don't get burned or burn the fan out.