Saturday, December 8, 2007

Sewing with my "Mammy"

Mom and I kept sewing all evening. We watched two Movies; Must Love Dogs & Gone with the Wind.


Earlier in the day when my Mom was at the Vet a guy asked her when her dog had her puppies. HUH? He's a boy!! Apparantly he must have thought Murphy's bandanna was a bit girlie! So mom took it off tonight and decided to put it on her head. She was dressing up to be Mammy from Gone with the Wind.


She worked on a Christmas present while I quilted a quilt I made for her for Christmas. I've decided now that the punch I'm going to give it is red binding!

I keep forgetting to post a picture of my pink tree. My mom got this for me as a St. Nick gift! It's fiberoptic too! It's just a fun little tree and I have it in my sewing studio!!

5 comments:

jillquilts said...

I love Gone With the Wind! Man, now I am thinking that we have to star planning for another quilt weekend for me to come up! Tell me when!

Kristie said...

That photo is soooo cute! I love Gone With The Wind! Glad you got your yo-yo's finished. Your PINK tree is really cute!
Kristie

Heather said...

How fun to spend the evening sewing with mom. I wish that I was closer to mine so that we could do more things together. Your quilt is beautiful, and your pink tree is the perfect touch to your sewing studio I'm sure.

Heather

Michelle said...

Your quilt looks great, your pink tree is cute, and your 'mammy' is adorable! Your mom is such a good sport, and a goofball!! I love you both!

Moneik said...

Oh I love the pink tree! We're gonna decorate next weekend after we get the tree. Love the quilt too. You get so much done!