Monday, December 17, 2007

Snowflake Coasters

I just finished making up 9 Snowflake Coasters. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE snowflakes. I just think they're so pretty. I decided to do these as Criss Cross instead of Squares. While I like the way they look, I'm not fond of the corners because they seem loose.




I've also been working on some Christmas presents today. I hate to admit defeat...but it's NOT all going to get done in time. Why do I do this to myself?

So I'm thinking...Mom and I like to sew together. I was supposed to come up with things to do on Christmas. Giggle, I think I'll be finishing Mom's Gifts! LOL. Kidding. Of course, all I need to do for her is put some binding on the quilt I made for her and finish a Miranda bag for her.


Actually now that I look at it, I don't have MUCH to get done for Christmas Day. I can do it...

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Maybe you could sew a 1/4" seam all the way around them and then they wouldn't seem loose. Just a suggestion?

Heather said...

You can do it!!! I'll sit back here and chear you on to complete your gifts because it is really obvious that mine are no where close

jillquilts said...

You CAN do it!! I, on the other hand, have scr*wed myself! I kept adding gifts to make before finishing anything and now I have a huge pile of crap and barely anything done! Maybe tonight.... Man, if I had a quarter for everytime I said that to myself... :D

Kristie said...

I think your coasters turned out rather nicely. Great Job on them. Don't stress out over making Christmas gifts. I decided not to make them, because I knew I would not get them done.
Kristie

Nancy-Rose said...

Pretty! Pretty!

Connie said...

Can you maybe sew a bed or crystal on each corner? That would give the corners a bit more heft and perhaps make the coaster tend to land flat due to the weight.

Connie said...

Yikes, I need more coffee! BEAD not bed! sorry!! My bad!

Gina said...

I've had to change a few plans aswell. Christmas seems to be zooming up on us all of a sudden.

love and hugs xxx