Thursday, December 27, 2007

Someday when I die...

(This definitely without a doubt falls under the "Insane Ramblings" category)

Whomever goes through my home is going to find the thousands of tubes of toothpaste that I've sworn I've purchased over the years.

Now, I know it's not Mike using my toothpaste because we use different types, flavors and brands. I'll only use his if I'm completely desperate. I'm not sure if he'd ever use mine.

I swear to God, every time I buy toothpaste I buy two tubes. Yet, every time I go to grab the new tube it's nowhere to be found and I go out and buy another two tubes. This has been going on for the 9 years that we've lived in our apartment. Sure it's possible that I'm grabbing that second tube and not even realizing it but I prefer to think that they've formed their own secret society somewhere in my vanity under the sink. Perhaps they're living in the walls like the Fraggles of Fraggle Rock did.

(I picture my cousin Jean silently nodding in agreement with me while my cousin Erin has probably dropped her jaw and is shaking her head at me wondering if the cold has finally affected my brain.)

7 comments:

Maureen said...

Is my toothpaste migrating over by you??? LOL! I swear I buy two as well and Mark will use whatever is available but it's always gone...what's up with that?

Michelle said...

I think I have the same problem with other things....like my Christmas tree that went AWOL a couple years ago. I think the solution to my problem is to clean out, donate, and get organized! That's what I plan on doing.

Moneik said...

Maybe you have a rat who keeps taking it and hiding it. Okay just kidding. I'm sure it goes faster than it should.

Kristie said...

The samething goes on in my house too, except here it is the toliet tissue!
Kristie

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I swear everytime we go in a WalMart or Target Jen is buying two tubes of toothpaste. The ghosts at her house must eat the stuff.

Cindy said...

Too funny! We have things like that happen around here too! :0)

jillquilts said...

It just HAS to be the Fraggles! I loved them!