Sunday, December 30, 2007

Ultra Suede Miranda

I just finished a Miranda. Now I just need to make a wonder wallet and a zippered pouch to go with it. The clips that I used inside it were a little shorter than the ones that I used in my own but I think once the bag gets filled it will be just fine. The bottom appears wavy, but it does have a plexiglass bottom that is velcro-ed in place. Again, this will lay flat once there's a little weight inside.


The handles are black leather, the closure is a magnet. The button is too high but I put it on before I made the flap. I'll know better next time. I used ribbon to put the handles on with. It's black grosgrain. To make it match the rest of the bag I tops stitched along it's edges in burgundy thread. The quilting on the bag was done in monofiliment thread. The lining of the bag is black satin, the pocket I did in burgundy cotton and that is also what I covered the bottom with. It also has 6 silver purse feet on the bottom.





The close up shot...well...I guess I shouldn't have taken a close up! The flap stitching seems pretty wonky when it's up close!




It will be hard to give this one away!


7 comments:

Maureen said...

Wow it sure turned out pretty! I bet the Ultra Suede is nice...ohh so soft!

Okay get going and have a good time!

Kristie said...

I think that is absolutely beautiful!
Kristie

jillquilts said...

That looks awesome! Let me know if you need my address in order to mail it to me! ;) kidding!

Moneik said...

Wow! That is an absolutely stunning purse. Now I need to figure out what I am going to make mine out of and get started.

Michelle said...

Looks great! I don't know where you get your energy. I hope she liked it!

pipb4 said...

It is so nice, you really did a good job, and it has lots of extra's, like the feet etc. Too good to give away, (unless it's to me. LOL)
Vivienne

Beth said...

I think you did a great job! Can I put myself on your list for next year?? :::;grin::::