Thursday, December 13, 2007

We have a Winner!

Ok, not in the Quilter's Amaryllis competition, but in our Family competition. My cousin Tim takes the honors for first to bloom. I believe it bloomed on Tuesday, December 11th. Pretty quick work considering we planted only 18 days ago.




So, we asked him what his secret was:

Soak the bulb in plain water for 24 hour before planting. Buy a couple bottles of Jack Daniels. Maybe I gave it water twice. Just neglect the hell out it. Turn the pot 180 degrees everytime you finish a bottle of Jack.


That's what gets the winning Amaryllis?? I think I need to change my strategy for next year. Maybe I should pick up a bulb on clearance to try a new technique right after Christmas so I'm ready for next year!!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Wow! That was quick! Maybe next year you can beat him!
Kristie

Carol Van Rooy said...

WOW!!! Mine appears to have done nearly nothing but grow roots since I began. Maybe, I'll have flowers by easter at this rate (HAHAHA).

Suzan said...

I love Tim's bourbon technique! Wonder if that works with other plants? :)