Monday, January 7, 2008

7 Random and Wacky things about me

Carol tagged me so it's my turn to play along with 7 random and wacky things about me. I don't have hilarious stories to go along with mine but they're pretty off the wall.

Here are my wacky and random things:

  1. I can pick things up with my toes and scratch my nose with my upper lip.
  2. I practice doing things with my contacts out so that I can still function someday if I go blind.
  3. When I was a kid my mom sent my Dad and I to the store to get me an Easter Bonnet and I came home with a Brewer Baseball hat. This pretty much solidified my status as a tomboy.
  4. I don't like to touch things that leave a residue on your fingers - barbecue ribs, corn on the cob, Cheetos, sand.
  5. There's more in this world that I'm allergic to than not allergic to.
  6. My secret password growing up that I was supposed to ask for to determine if someone was trying to kidnap me (seriously, ask my mom about this wackiness) was Gworfnort. It even had it's own song. "G-W-O-R-F-N-O-R-T, gworfnort (gworfnort), they're a special kind of people (people). And well, nothing ever rhymed with People so that's where the song ended. Basically if someone knew and remembered that word they were supposed to be ok to go with. Oh yeah, we also had these family fire drills that included throwing the dogs into pillow cases and climbing down the fire ladder from the second story. I shit you not.
  7. When I was in Kindergarten I had my very own body guard. He had been in Kindergarten for 4 years by that point. He was my bully until I told him to "Stick it in his ear." You know, big talk for a 4 year old. His name was Roosevelt Williams. From what Google and the Wisconsin Circuit Courts tell me (I'm not a stalker I JUST did it) he's working his way through the court system for Drug Trafficking.

Now if you've been tagged you need to play along. Here's the rules: Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog. To follow...Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Mine are(I'm picking people who Carol didn't pick):

  1. Jill
  2. Maureen
  3. Michelle
  4. Connie
  5. Diane
  6. Heather
  7. Gina

Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog. (It's late, think I'll do this task tomorrow!)

7 comments:

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

You do kill me sometimes. Ok...my kids and I do have a secret password too. Don't laugh...they are adopted and this was recommended for us to do. But, in defense of "us", it's a normal word. See ya....Regina

jillquilts said...

You crack me up! Now, I am going to have to spend the day thinking of wierd and wacky things about myself.

butrfly2200 said...

interesting wacky things. where did you find that safe word???
can't say I've heard of it and how would anyone pronounce it right if they didn't know you.
Happy quilting,
:)Carol

Moneik said...

I would have to say someone would really know you to know that word. I can't say most tomboys are quilters, so I think you're the exception to the rule.

Connie said...

Loved the last one about your "bodyguard"! Too funny! I have never heard of the secret password thing before--I must be in a vacuum or something. I couldn't implement it now anyway, my daughter CANNOT keep a secret!!! She'd tell anyone anything.

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

GWoRFTNORT was just a silly word that we came up with for Jen's secret word. Then in order for her to get to know it better we came up with part of the silly song. It worked for her.

Maureen said...

You are sooooo funny! You have had your own bully/bodyguard adn a really cool password..wow I feel like my parents weren't worried about us as they didn't have a password for my brother and I. I will have to think aobut wacky things about me and hopefully work on it tomorrow. How do I link to the person though?