Friday, January 11, 2008

Block of the Month

I was so happy for the weekend to start. It's been a while since we've had to work a full work week and man it was a long week.

I was also glad that it was Block of the Month night. I took my Moda Hexagon Chocolat quilt and my Yellow Brick Road to show and tell even though they didn't have binding on yet. Mom showed off her purse, Jean showed off her Log Cabin quilt that she made for her parents and my Aunt Kitty showed off her Split Rail Fence quilt that she made for her Granddaughter Mackenzie.

We all exchanged 5" red and white charms. The idea with red and white is so that you can leave it as is for Valentines day, add something blue to it for 4th of July, add something green to it for Christmas. It can be a multi purpose table topper.

I picked up a few more spools of Hemingworth thread because let's face it, I'm addicted. I also scheduled my Miranda Day Bag Class. It's two evenings; March 6th and 20th.

When I got home I was going to get packed up for Saturday's all day Quilt Retreat. Instead Mike and I hit a few stores. Ace to pick up a carpet cleaner, Office Max so I could get a bag for my laptop and then Barnes and Nobel. At Barnes we bought a Dummies book on setting up a wireless internet. I also picked up Deanna Farve's book, "Don't Bet Against Me; beating the odds against breast cancer and in life." From what I've read so far, I'm enjoying it.



When we came home we were watching some TV and I started making a spreadsheet of the things I wanted to take to retreat. Mike found this to be the most ridiculous idea ever. What did he want me to do? We were watching our shows together and had I walked around to pack up he would have turned the shows off. Oh well!!

In the end I went to bed with nothing packed up for the retreat.

3 comments:

Carol Van Rooy said...

I hope you don't forget to pack anything... I get so stressed if I can't get to packing when I want/need to pack.

Kristie said...

Sounds like you had a nice time at BOM. Now did I miss something? Where is your retreat???
Kristie

Moneik said...

Wow, sounds like you had fun at BOM. Have a great time at the retreat. I've been looking at getting that book. Let me know if it's worth it and I might just have to pick it up.