Wednesday, January 16, 2008

ESA/St Jude Quilt Retreat

Doing the happy dance!! I'm going to a quilt retreat, I'm going to a quilt retreat, I'm going to a quilt retreat!!! It's April 18th through the 20th!!

quilt retreat


This is the perfect quilt retreat for me to go to for many reasons:
  1. I get to meet my friend Jill who has become one of my closest quilting buds.
  2. I tend to get a LOT done when I'm at a dedicated quilting day.
  3. I think St. Jude Children's Research Hospital runs a wonderful program. Mike and I do a lot with the MACC Fund and Make a Wish Foundation and St. Judes fits right in with that.
  4. I get to meet Jill. Oh, did I say that already?
  5. I love meeting other quilters and I'm crossing my fingers that a few other bloggers will join us because it's not all that far and pretty centrally located!! For me it's only about a 6 hour drive which isn't too bad since it takes that same amount of time to get to Minneapolis and I've done that drive more times than I can count.
  6. It's very nicely priced. I saw another retreat online just this morning for the same amount of time and that one was $240.
  7. Oh, and I get to meet Jill!!

11 comments:

jillquilts said...

Yeah!! And I am excited because I get to meet Jen! And hopefully this year, I will win more prizes! I should probably not buy raffle tickets and win being a coordinator, but with the awesome collection of stuff that we had, I just couldn't resist!

Oh, and I get to meet Jen!!

Debi said...

Congratulations, it is such fun to go to a retreat and to actually meet Internet friends.

Kristie said...

You guys are just too funny! I'm glad you get to meet and I'm sure you will have a great time! Just behave yourselves and don't get into any trouble...do you think that is possible??
Kristie

Anonymous said...

Hey Jen and Jill,

Have a great time! I love retreats. I don't accomplish much but I do get to meet lots of people and check out how and what they are doing quilt wise. I haven't been quilting much lately. I've been doing some mixed media art. I seem to be able to fit that into my schedule easier but I do feel the "itch to stitch" coming on especially after I chech out your blog, Jen. You do so much and really inspire me.

Jaja

CatQuilter said...

Jen,
I'll be there too!!! I got to meet Jill last week. Can Peony the house elf come too?
Hugs,
Cathy

Moneik said...

Oh I am so jealous! I want to come too, but it's probably an 18 hour drive for me. I think I'd be driving longer than the actual retreat is! I'm sure you guys will have lots of fun and get a ton of sewing done. Maybe we'll have to have an online blogger retreat that weekend too. I'm sure you are so excited to be going.

Carla said...

That's great! I'm going to a retreat January 25-27 in Sewanee, Tennessee and can't wait. I go twice a year and love it.

Heather said...

I am so jealous!! I wish that I could come and meet you guys as well but that is not possible for me. I guess I will have to settle for an online retreat as well. I will be in navy school and will not be able to get away and won't be able to afford it after the move.

Heather

Maureen said...

I will have just gotten back from the Quilt Festival in Rosemont/Chicago....so I can't go. I will be thinking about all the fun you are having.

Maureen

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

273 miles straight south of me. Yep, I checked. Are you trying to get me divorced? LOL No, I probably can't go. And that means I can't meet Jill or YOU. Darn it. You'll have a great time though. I'm excited for you. I'll just stay home and live vicariously thru you.

Gina said...

You lucky thing. we don't have retreats over here and the chances of me getting to one over with you are zilch.
If I repeat 'I am not jealous' enough do you think I might start to believe it.

love and hugs xxx