Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Hemingworth Polyselect Thread...It's a dream

Yep, I've found a product that I love so be prepared for the informercial...I'm about to yammer on. We've been drooling the last few months over this thread when shopping at Frank's Sewing Center.



Isn't it just LOVERLY? Even the display case is loverly. It's wood, the color of the background in the picture. It's tall and statley, it spins, all while having georgeous spools perched upon it's shelves.

At first I was merely amused because it came in it's own container. A little stopper on the top for the thread to come out of, plastic dome to keep it dust free and self contained. I mean seriously, HOW CUTE IS THIS SPOOL OF THREAD??

Here's it's all of it's stats from the Hemingworth page:

PolySelect - 1000 meter Thread Spool

    1. Hemingworth thread is exactly what the embroidery industry has needed for
      years. Say goodbye to traditional thread spools and all of their problems - the Hemingworth spool is designed to be everything you need!
    2. Protective cap preserves thread quality by blocking dust, oil and other
      harmful elements.
    3. Removable stopper traps thread, preventing unraveling and tangling during storage.
    4. Protective cap delivers thread smoothly off the spool during embroidery - decreasing both snagging and thread breaks.
    5. Strong, vibrant, colorfast embroidery thread is available in a large variety of colors.
    6. Spool can be positioned in multiple directions with a smooth feed every
      time.


It's STRONG. It's SHINEY. It SHIMMERS. It's PRETTY. It's 40 weight. I've been stippling on my Gracie II frame at high speed with Hemingworth on the top and Bottom Line on the bottom. 2 Bobbins in and I've yet to have a thread break or any tension problems. It balances nicely. There's very little lint.

Sigh....I think I'm in love.

For those of you not in my area, please visit Hemingworth's Dealer Locator Page!! It's worth it to track some down!!

11 comments:

Kristie said...

ohhhh...ahhhhh! I looks so pretty! Sounds like a great thread and the case is soooo cute. I know nothing about embroidery thread, but I will have to start buying some now that I have my new machine. Is it expensive?
Kristie

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

I love it because the little dome reminds me for some reason of Cinderella and there should be a little mouse in the dome looking out. The colors of these threads are beautiful. I've used it for machine FMQ and it works fantastic.

Connie said...

I am gonna have to give this a try! Your sales pitch worked--I'll be getting a spool as soon as I find it in a LQS.

Moneik said...

I've never even heard of it, I think I'll be on the lookout for it though. My LSS has Isacord embroidery thread, so I'm guessing I'll have to look elsewhere for it.

Cindy said...

Mmmmmmmm, sounds like some scrumptious thread indeed! May have to keep my eyes open for it. Supposed to shop hop at the end of the month :0) Can't wait to go!

Maureen said...

You know I still have not used mine nor put it on display...when are we going to work on the Quilt Room????

quiltin cntrygrl said...

Hmm.. I am going to have to look for it if it is as great as you say surely the ladies in my online group would love to get a spool in a swap. Oh and do you remember in beauty and the beast the rose in the glass? That is what the little container reminds me of.

jillquilts said...

Oh, the container is great! You are definitely on your way to becoming a thread snob! That's great!

Michelle said...

It's so CUTE!!!!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Only you could make me envy a spool of thread. Do you know that you make me laugh almost every day! What a gift that is!
Regina

Anonymous said...

This thread IS GREAT...I found it at www.babydudsboutique.com, you have to e-mail for a quote but they offer 6 spool sets in spring, fall, winter, summer, holiday colors...I keep ordering and ordering and ordering...I guess you can say I'm addicted.