Saturday, January 26, 2008

It's 2am

No, I'm not singing the Ana Nalick song but gee, I do really love that song!! Really though, it IS 2AM.


I think it was around 8:30PM that I finally infiltrated the sewing studio. I quickly sewed up Mike's Green Bay Packer Fleece Pants. I think he likes them, but I'm not so sure. Then Holly was looking dejected so I made her a new bandanna.


DSCF2270


Then I was set to work on my Miranda Day Bag that will live at Frank's as a sample for my class. Ok, I had a good portion of my bag done before I sat down and I think I worked on it for the past 4-5 hours. I'm reallllllly getting nervous on how to accomplish this whole bag in two 2-1/2 hour sessions. It's not that it's a hard bag; it's just a time consuming bag.


But, it's done and I'll force you all to look at the pictures! For the most part I'm making this exact same bag for Maureen for Christmas. Ok, late Christmas. I have the cover done and then I can start working on the rest; I cut out the balance of the pieces as I made my class sample. I'm hoping I can have it done for Tuesday when I see her for Batik Club and Pie.



Daisy Miranda - Front & Cinched Daisy Miranda - Back & Cinched
Daisy Miranda Inside - CinchedDaisy Miranda Open

Daisy Miranda FrontDaisy Miranda - Back




I must really be losing it because I just had the urge to turn on a CD that I haven't listened to in forever but when I listen to it, it's OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. Yeah, it's the soundtrack for a cartoon....the Point! by Harry Nilsson. I doubt anyone has seen it besides My mom, dad and I. My dad forced us to watch it years ago when we got our first VCR. The man just about crawled out of his skin when he saw the video store had it. Honestly, he must have been on something when he saw it for the first time. It's seriously about a group of characters that have points on their heads because "everything has a point." But the songs are catchy so here I am listening and singing along. Oh shit, now that I googled it to put an image here, the Wikipedia thing actually says the writer was on Acid. Wow, that reallllly explains a lot. MOM, WHY DID THE TWO OF YOU THINK THIS WAS GOOD VIEWING FOR A KID????? No wonder I'm so frigging warped. At least I can say the only thing I've ever smoked is a few cigars in memory of Grandpa.


Yeah, I'm getting punchy. Did I mention I need to be up by like 7:30 to go to Block of the Month? I seriously bet I'll need a nap tomorrow afternoon.


Well...now it's 3AM and I'm still HYPER AND WIDE AWAKE. I also just realized that I didn't finish binding those other 5 Project Linus Quilts. Carp!! (Yes, I said Carp~that's for you Diane! I hope you feel better soon!!) I leave you with this adorable picture:

DSCF2279



It's so tough to be a Holly you know.



9 comments:

jillquilts said...

Classes have HOMEWORK! You will probably need to give your students homework. I have never taken a class where we didn't have to finish something at home by ourselves. You will just have to see what is going ot be easy enough that they will be able to take it home and do it on their own and hopefully not screw it up too badly. :)

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Watching acid cartoons at 2am. Ok..I can relate to that. I don't sleep much myself so I think short naps are a wonderful thing. You'll be draggin butt by sat afternoon. Have a great weekend!
Regina in MI

Oh, and I love that bag! I haven't attempted to make any bags yet, but I can feel the urge growing.

Kimmer said...

I remember The Point! Oblio and the Point of No Return!!! I haven't thought of that in years.

The Miranda Bags are beautiful! I agree with another poster, HOMEWORK!!!

Kristie said...

Slow down! You need to rest! I love the new purse! The fabrics are wonderful.
Kristie

Lazy Sister Sue said...

I have taught the Miranda bag 5 or 6 times now, it's very popular at our quilt shop. I have the students precut everything and quilt the cover pieces before they come to class. That allows us to spend class time on the actual sewing and construction of the bag. My classes are 3 hours and most of my students have almost finished the bag in that time frame. Usually they just need to attach the handles and tab and I demonstrate that before they leave. I hope that helps.

Good luck with the class and have fun!

Hazel said...

Love your new bag the fabric's are beautiful .UHMMMM lets see it Mike wears his pants ,he better LOL

Carol Van Rooy said...

I am going to see if the library has a copy of that movie I can obtain. I'll keep ya posted.

Maureen said...

Ohh I am sooooo excited... I love the bag! I can't wait. I need to show you how to make your Christmas present....I know you received some fabric but and a charm but I ccan't wait to make you a bracelet...I have to find the lenghth I wrote for you and your Mom. If you remember ... let me know. Well I have to say Emma looked a little jealous of Holly getting a new bandana but when I explained to her that she would have to wear it she gave me that are you kidding I have to wear it look! LOL. Last time Emma wore a bandana she ripped it off when Mark said ohh no she can't wear a bandana. It was quite funny how quickly she took it off when Mark said something.

You will do a geat job teaching the class...let me know if you need a helper...I would be willing to help you just like I help Wendy.

Maureen

Moneik said...

Oh I absolutely love the fabric on that bag! It's so way cute! You'll do just fine teaching. Have the students have stuff done ahead of time and between the two classes and they'll get it done. I do love Mike's pants. That reminds me that I need to take a picture of the ones I made for Paul for Christmas.