Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Me & My Big Ideas - Tree Skirt

So I've been thinking about my tree skirt recently and what would be the best way to go about quilting it on the frame. Sure, I could add a bazillion pins but...my head is telling me, "Can't you just use fusible batting?"

I'm thinking of just fusing the TOP to the batting, not the backing. I can load the backing to my frame like normal. I can iron the round tree skirt to the square of batting and then load the batting like normal.

Of course this works in my head but does anyone have any valid points as to why this may not work?

6 comments:

Kristie said...

Of course, I don't have a clue if it would work or not, but it sure sounds good!!!
Kristie

Moneik said...

Sounds to me like it will work. Let us know how it goes.

Michelle said...

The only problem I would see is if he glue grabbed the needle. Otherwise, I see no reason why. Try it, and let us know.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

I have used the spray adhesive but never the fuseable batting. Your idea sounds good to me..

Heather

Hazel said...

Jen you could try sending me a email instead of writing on my blog thats the only way I know how to test it .Thanks Hazel

Maureen said...

I'm with Kristie I don't have a clue but it sounds like it would work.