Thursday, January 24, 2008

SNORT...

An email exchange between Mike and his buddy Barry...

From: Mike
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008
To: Barry
Subject: Lucy Is on her last leg.

The clutch is shot, there is an electrical short from the hood flying up
yesterday that now makes her undriveable at night. This very well could be
the last week of Lucy…..If I take her to Al’s to rest, I am sure you would want
to come along…. Mike

From: Barry
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008
To: Mike
Subject: RE: Lucy

Dude:

I actually started tearing up when I read this. Please wait for me to get back from Hong Kong before you decide to do anything. This sucks!!! We had some good times with that truck!

Barry




Honestly? Would we have this same type of conversation over a Sewing Machine???? Again, I'm laughing picturing these two driving off into the sunset in Lucy, "Thelma and Louise style." (cue's Sanford and Son theme song)

5 comments:

Connie said...

laughing laughing LAUGHING!!! the Sanford and Son music is now STUCK in my head (thank you sooooo much for that Jen!!) Quit making me laugh so hard--you're aggravating my cough!!

Anonymous said...

LMAO! And they say women are sentimental!

Heather said...

LOL all I could do is laugh if I told you about half the conversations like this that Dad and I had about his 59' chevy apache .. mom says get rid of dad's sitting on the teeter totter.. and I'm on the other end saying NO we can fix it!!

Heather

Moneik said...

OMG! I'm am laughing so hard right now. Give them their time together. We'd do the same when our machines die.

Maureen said...

I can't stop laughing and now I will have the Sanford and Son theme song stuck in my head! I don't want to imagine when something happens to Elizabeth or Sophia! Our sewing machines are our babies!!!