Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stand in the place where you live....

Oh wait, that's the start to an R.E.M. song....

Well, I lasted only a half day today at work. My bum hurt BAD with all that sitting. Hopefully tomorrow will go better. I came home and laid down on the couch. It's never good when I lay on the couch because that just spells instant nap time. Especially if there is a quilt over me and even moreso if my flannel quilt is over me. Yeah...I got home around 1 and I woke up around 3:20. Pretty good nap if I do say so myself!

The weather here is pretty crappy. It started out at 40 degrees this morning and now it's 3 degrees. But there's also 50 mile per hour winds and with windchill that comes to about -19. That's like a 60 degree difference in what, 12 hours? It rained earlier and the ice was getting bad so Maureen, Sherry, Mom and I didn't go to Batik club. We'll stop in and get our fabric over the weekend during the Fiber Crawl.

I sat at my sewing machine for a little while this evening. I finished assembling a quilt top and put the borders on it. I got it on the frame and it was so nice to be able to STAND and quilt. I'll probably put another quilt on tomorrow night, and I have a fleece blanket for Holly that I want to practice Dwirling on.

I used So Fine thread on the top and Bottom Line on the bottom. That was my first time using So Fine and it's a really, really nice thread. I only had breakage a few times and it was always in the same fabric. Maureen...that red fabric in your blue/red & white block. OMG, MARK THAT FABRIC and never use it in a quilt that will be free motioned EVER again and I want to know what it is so that I never buy any for myself!!

4 comments:

Connie said...

We've got the same weather you have! Geez it sucks! I have to bundle the kids up with an outrageous amount of gear to go out. So sorry to hear that you tush is still so tender. Isn't there anything beyond ibuprofen that you can do to speed up the healing? You poor thing!

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Same weather here in MI too....and it sucks. Take it easy for a bit with the bum ache. Sorry you have to deal with it.

Kristie said...

Hope your behind starts to feeling better soon. I'm sure it must be miserable.
Kristie

Moneik said...

We had the same weather Mon. & Tues. Hope you butt feels better soon. At least you got to do some sewing! Isn't it amazing how one piece of fabric can make so much difference.