Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Welcoming in the New Year

Happy 2008 my friends!

I just wanted to take a moment to recognize all the things we've accomplished over the past year. I think there are many more people out there than we know of who participated in charity sewing in 2007. I've created this badge:

charity award



So right mouse click, save the picture onto you computer and then upload it to your blog.

Wear it loud and proud on your blog if you've participated in charity sewing in 2007.

So take a moment and recall all the charity sewing you've done in 2007, post about it and then place this badge on your side bar.

Here are my accomplishments:
  1. 16 Blocks made for Breast Cancer Quilt initiatives
  2. 52 Quilt Tops for Project Linus
  3. 109 Pillow Cases for Soldiers
  4. 1 Mini Quilt for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative

Why a badge? Well, that's the one thing I liked about Girl Scouts!! I'm starting to think we should have a whole slew of quilting badges and maybe I'm the person to design them!

5 comments:

Hazel said...

What a great idea ,thank you for designing the badge .You have accomplished a lot of charity items good for you

Moneik said...

You have done a lot of charity work this year. How do you ever get anything else accomplished? I need half your energy!

Michelle said...

I am so proud of you! You are a sweet and awesome gal. Bless you for always doing things for others. God is smiling down on you!

Heather said...

What a great idea! Badges to remember your accomplishments. I wish you all the energy in the new year for more quilty fun and friendship. Maybe this year with a new command and new duty station my quilting time will change for the better.

Heather

Suzan said...

Jen - you make me feel like such a bum!! Your energy and creativity are amazing. Great job on keeping others wrapped in comfort and warmth!