Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Yellow Brick Road - Finally Quilted

I finished quilting my Yellow Brick Road quilt last night....FINALLY. I feel like it took forever. I'm not used to quilting on the frame during the week. I loaded it pretty late on Sunday night so I only got to quilt on it for about an hour. Monday I only quilted on it an hour. Last night; I don't know, 2 hours maybe? I had great luck with the Hemingworth thread until the VERY end. But I'm wondering if something is up with my machine. I was going to leave it on the frame to do Sherri's American Heart Association quilt but I think I'm going to take it off to test a few things and sew the backing together and load it back on. For that project I'm hoping to get that quilt loaded and at least half way quilted tonight so I can finish the quilting tomorrow night and take it with me to BOM on Friday so that she can show it off and get the binding put on.


Back to the YBR. I did a tighter stipple; just because I wanted to see if I could. Yeah I can but wow does it take a long time. Or maybe that it's the fact that I stretched the quilting out into three nights. I don't know. I know it did take 4-1/2 bobbins of Bottom Line...That's A LOT of bobbin thread!!! I also made an attempt to quilt my name right in. It doesn't look too great but at this point I was having machine issues.



The picture is blurry, I'll post a better one once the binding goes on. The flash wasn't on and Mike assured me it looked ok.


I took a picture with my foot included so you could see the scale of the quilting.


I also got a box of fabric in the mail from Jill. She sent yardage of these three prints for me to make pillow cases for the soldiers in Iraq. Hopefully I'll get these done this weekend and then I can drop everything that I have for that project off at the library. It will be nice to wrap that up because it's taking up precious room in my quilting stuido!!




I uninstalled the wireless router last night as well. A few days ago I tried to secure it and locked myself out. It's now installed again but I think we have a bad power cord on the Cable Modem. I'm not messing with any more settings! I think I'll ask Maureen to come over once with her laptop to see if she can get on our network or not. It says it's secured but I'm just not so sure about it!!

8 comments:

Carol Van Rooy said...

I'm too far away to take your course...how about a tutorial online???

BitnByAQuiltingBug said...

Why do my days only have 24 hours and you get to have soooooo many more hours than the rest of us. No way do you do all this stuff with the same hours as the rest !of the world? Do you have some sort of time machine or what? You rock! And, in case you didn't already know it, you inspire me! The quilt looks amazing! I haven't put my ybr on the frame yet as it stills needs borders.

quiltin cntrygrl said...

If I was there I would fix your modem and all that great stuff. I finally got mine set the way that I want and I'm going to have to pick it all up. I think your quilting looks great and the fabrics for the pillowcases are awesome. They'll love them.. I have some kinda like that I'll have to take pictures and put them on my blog later.

Heather

Kristie said...

I think your quilt looks great and the quilting is beautiful. As always you do a great job. The fabrics that Jill sent are really cute too.
Kristie

jillquilts said...

I am not sure if you have measured them yet, but I think that there are 2 yards of each fabric. I thought that they were so cute!

Maureen said...

That is a great quilt....you are amazing!

Cindy (aka Peony the House Elf) said...

Oh I can't wait to see it in person. I was just snuggling under mine and watching TV.

Moneik said...

Oh I love the YBR quilting! Great job getting it so closely. I cut both of mine out last night. I found out one of my bm's is reading my blog, so no talking about who they are for anymore! I love the cowgirl pillowcase material. You'll have them whipped out before the weekend probably.